Beogram 4002 (5511) – turns on when it is turned off

Home Forums Products Related Forums BeoGram Beogram 4002 (5511) – turns on when it is turned off

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Behsen
    BRONZE Member

Hello forum.
      I’m having an issue with a beogram 4002.  So far I know that the issue is concerning the mainboard – because if I swab the mainboard with another 4002 – the described issue also shows up using the other turntable.

Issue:

When i start playing a record (few minutes play) – and then push on stop – the arm returns and the turntable stops and stays off. The light goes out, the platter stops spinning and- everything looks to be ok.

But if I shortly after it did play  (or if it the first time plays more than a few minutes) – and I push stop  – the arm returns to the base and the turntable turns off only in a few seconds – then it will turn itself on again (the platter starts spinning again – and a week light in the 33rpm display shows up). If I now chose to unplug the power cord and then plug it in again immediately- the platter will start to spin again automatically and the dimmed light will be turned on again.

When the turntable is in this “none stoppable” mode – I can push “start” and the dim light get’s stronger – and the arm moves on and play the record. If I then push stop  – the arm returns to the base – and the light (33rpm display) get’s dimmed again – but the platter will keep spinning now – until I unplug the power cord again.

Do any of you have any ideas of what could be wrong.

BR Behsen

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.