Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Beogram 4000 Tonearm and Sound

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram 4000 Tonearm and Sound

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ArchiJohn
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 1

Hello everyone,

Just trying my luck in here on behalf of my old grandmother and her Beogram 4000.

She started having this problem with the tonearm falling of the edge of the record over and over again.

Also, when placing the tonearm and needles further in, the sound is hissing and crackling.

Could this be an issue with the pickup? I have checked the radio on her Beomaster, no issues with the sound there.

I have uploaded a video here of how it sounds:

Any help or suggestions on how to proceed would be much appreciated!

Best,

A. Copenhagen

Mark-sf
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 0
        • Total Posts 294

Welcome. It’s great you are trying to assist her. It appears she has a 3000 not a 4000. There are adjustments for both set down point and tracking force described in the service manual available online. I would first check on how clean the stylus is. That can be done with a magnifying glass. How comfortable are you with taking things apart and putting them back?

filip_kbh
        BRONZE Member
          • Copenhagen
          • Topics Started 13
          • Total Posts 148

Hmmm – my guess is – since it’s a 59xx Beogram – that a small plastic tap has broken off where the wire attaches. There are some good posts about it on the forum.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram 4000 Tonearm and Sound

• You must be logged in to create new topics.