Beogram 4000 Service Multicare Electronics

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SolidSnake
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 5

Hi everyone, Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with Multicare Electronics in the UK, who are looking after the servicing of the Beogram 4000 series, as featured recently in Sounds Heavenly video?

I have a Beogram 4000 and am on the fence whether to go for the full restoration, which would replace the wood, plastic lid and aluminium trim on the lid. One thing that bugs me is it looks like the replacement aluminium trim is not identical to the original, which has the Danish Royal logo etc on it. Instead it just states “Since 1925”.

Has anyone here had a restoration or service done? And any other pros or cons of restoring the 4000?

AdamS
        • Topics Started 4
        • Total Posts 93

Not specifically Beogram 4000 related, but Multicare came and visited us last year to carry out a safety recall upgrade to our Beovision Eclipse and I got them to update our BL90s to the latest software version while they were there.

Excellent communication and service all round, so a thumbs-up from me.

They’ve also been very helpful in contacting B&O HQ regarding an issue I have on the B&O iPad app with the Lab 90 control, but this remains unresolved as yet.

Dillen
          • Topics Started 4
          • Total Posts 389

It’s my impression, that Multicare is one of the best places, you can send your Beogram.
          The trim will be replaced as part of Bang & Olufsens Classics Recreated programme to reflect that, after 50+ years, it was rebuilt professionally.
          (Using good quality parts).

I wouldn’t worry.

Martin

Leosgonewild
            • Topics Started 13
            • Total Posts 38

Is there any damage to your original metal strip? It is easy to remove with some heat. Then it can be attached to the new lid.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds