Beogram 4000 problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    FoleyTiemann
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 3

First of all, let me introduce myself, I am Antoine from Mallorca Spain.. nice to meet you all

FoleyTiemann
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 3

I would like to ask for ur help considering my Beogram 4000 .  I started having some problem with in last months, the needle was not able to go backward and very slowly forward .. I changed the 4 transitors TR 28-29-30-31 .. and now I am having those following problems:

1. when turning on the beogram goes always to 45rpm even of i turn it off on 30rpm.

2. The needle goes down before reaching the disc , almost an inch before.

3. When i put it on 33 the arm raises up and goes back to the begining.

4. Even on 45 the arm without any reason raises up and goes back to the begining.
        5. Going forward it also do a lot of lapping ..

I hope u can give some tips to know where the problem must be,  I tried so many thing with no results ..

thanks guys, have a great day u all !

spassmaker
          • Topics Started 19
          • Total Posts 115

Hi

If you have checked and rechecked that the new transistors are the right ones and in the right place I would start here as Beolover does:

https://beolover.blogspot.com/2015/04/beogram-4000-cleaning-of-tone-arm.html

same here:

https://beolover.blogspot.com/2015/05/beogram-4000-restoring-slow-slide-transport.html

There are a lot of very helpful information related to the Beogram 400 on Beolovers site too, have a look.

Kind regards

Christian

FoleyTiemann
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 3

Hello Christian ! Very grateful for your help! I sent a mail to Beolover explaining the problem with videos, waiting for his answer, but now with your reply I know from where to begin, … thank you very much, I’ll keep u in touch with the process !!

All the best from Spain ☺️

Antoine

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds