Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Beogram 4000

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram 4000

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    hcraig244
    SILVER Member
      • Topics Started 7
      • Total Posts 197

I’ve just seen a Beogram 4000 sell for £580 on ebay…..a very battered example described as not working but would make a good restoration project, unit was located in France….makes me wonder what on earth is going on, I have great admiration for the 4000 as an engineering masterpiece….but I get the feeling things are getting out of hand.

hcraig244
      SILVER Member
        • Topics Started 7
        • Total Posts 197

Well……thanks for clearing that up ;¬)

chartz
        GOLD Member
          • Burgundy
          • Topics Started 3
          • Total Posts 218

I agree, this is pure folly. The times when you could get one as a nice restoration project for € 80 (what I paid for mine) are well over. These are not even rare, they were produced in large numbers.

Right now there’s a tatty 4000 platter and the seller wants £ 200 for it!

And another one wants € 14,000 for a restored 4000, not even mint ?

Should we blame B&O for that, with the recent release of their special 4002, rebadged as a 4000?

matador
            • Paris France
            • Topics Started 47
            • Total Posts 728

C’mon Guys, I’m screaming this since forever: prices here in France are ridiculous!

You’ve seen a Beogram 4000 for 580£, really? I can show you 4002s at more than 1000 € with a little note “the tip shall be replaced cheap and easy to find”. I even saw one once sold for 800€ with the main plate (the one where the platter sits and not the ones on the right) painted in turquoise blue!

Anything that holds the B&O logo is sold for money only, Beolink converter @100, Beocom @600, Any Beogram is above 200€, LC2 @100, Playmakers no less than 80-120, etc…

Only common Beolabs seems to follow the market prices even if 3500, 2000 are mistakenly sold as standalone speakers at stupid prices.

And don’t even dare to call the seller to tell the item is not fairly priced!

Sometimes you can find good prices, bargains, even gifts to give away. Yes it happens and most of the time from owners who have enjoyed their things but don’t anymore. But too often people don’t even know what they’re selling, they just know that “B&O is an expensive brand”.

Sad…

AdamS
            GOLD Member
              • Topics Started 3
              • Total Posts 115

Someone I know on another forum recently sold his mint Beogram 4000 with MMC20CL for £2,250. On this basis, £580 for a project doesn’t seem completely ridiculous.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love another one but I can’t afford it. 25 years ago I bought the one I owned for £4 and was thrilled when I sold it for £80 but, sadly, times change!

As another thought – shouldn’t we be pleased that that people are finally working out that these are superb turntables and not just “style over substance”?

MrPear
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 0
                • Total Posts 5

I was the guy who purchased that.

It’s a minter, and you have to understand that although these things aren’t that rare – museum quality ones are.

A full service on mine was £700, if the dust cover gets tatty good luck finding a great example for less than £150.

I first bought a Beogram 4000 when I was 21, so 16 years back…  For £300!  Those days are gone.

chartz
                GOLD Member
                  • Burgundy
                  • Topics Started 3
                  • Total Posts 218

Repro dust covers are readily available these days.

Mine is also museum mint, but is on display (and used) at home.

But £ 2,000 for a Beogram 4000 is still sheer madness.

beogram8002
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 0
                    • Total Posts 4

@chartz   I have just sold a Beogram 4000, it was a good nice clean example, and the buyer happily paid £1800 UK Sterling, so I think anywhere between £1500 and £2500 (for the best mint examples) is about right, well in the UK anyway !

I have also watched the price of 8002 turntables (with MMC2’s) steadily increase over the last ten years, with very good examples now selling for £2000, so I think the market as always is setting the price, after all something is only worth what the buyer is willing to pay !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram 4000

• You must be logged in to create new topics.