Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Beogram 3000 and Beolab 1 help needed

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram 3000 and Beolab 1 help needed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    generalzod
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 1

Long time lurker, first time poster…

I’ve a just recently gotten hold of a Beogram 3000 to go with my Beosound 9000 and pair of Beolab 1’s.  I have also recently gotten a Beoremote for the Beosound 9000 replacing a faulty Beo4 remote.

I also have a Preamp, a Pro-Ject Pre Box DS2 Digital.

I have no idea how to best set this up and need some expert advice.

Right now I have my Beolab 1’s connected to my Ds2 preamp via the line level RCA (not powerlink).  It really feels like it is lacking some punch/loudness and I really need to turn the audio up when listening to vinyl on a Pro-Ject Genie 1.1 turntable.  Not sure if I’d get a better quality output if I connected directly to the Beosound 1 via the Powerlink Cable instead.

Which would be the best option?

1. Connect the Beogram 3000 to the DS2 Preamp which is connected to the Beolab 1 via line level RCA.  The Beosound 9000 is connected to the Ds2 Preamp as well via Optical or RCA.  The DS2 preamp is the hub and delivers audio to the Beolab 1’s.
      2. Connect the Beogram 3000 to the DS2 Preamp which is connected to the Beosound 9000 via line level RCA.  The Beosound 9000 is connected to the Beolab 1 via powerlink.  The Beosound 9000 is the hub and needs to be turned on to run the Beogram, but is delivering audio to the Beolab 1’s.
      3. Connect the Beogram 3000 to a Beomaster 4400 (need to get one) which is connected to the Beolab 1 via line level RCA (I think I can do this?  The Beolab 1’s are active and not passive speakers so this mightn’t work unless I get a pair of Beovox passives instead?)  The Beosound 9000 is connected to the Beomaster 4400 via RCA (I think I can do this in the tape/turntable 2 input?) and the DS2 is not used because the Beomaster 4400 has its own preamp inbuilt.   In this example I see the Beomaster 4400 as the hub delivering audio to the Beolab 1’s.

Any thoughts from any experts out there?

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg————Danmark
        • Topics Started 21
        • Total Posts 1,038

I’d say 2.

Keep it simple!

MM

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram 3000 and Beolab 1 help needed

• You must be logged in to create new topics.