Beogram 2400 Tonearm not lowering

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jebeq
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 2

Hello I hope that I am posting this in the right location if not my appoligies in advance.

Okay, So I recentley picked up a Beogram 2400 with an MMC 20EN cartridge. It has been very well preserved and looks like in new condition. It even came in it’s original box with all the styrofome packaging and manuals. Only thing is that I beleave it has been stored for many years and things could sieze up.

Now to get to the real problem: it powers on and it attempts to play a record. The tonearm moves over like it is getting ready to play but it toes not lower down to the record. I have searched these forum but have not foun anything specific to fix it. I did find on Audio Karma a thread that says the culprit is a brass pin inside that gets stuck. I opened my 2400 and found the brass pin but unable to remove it with the other pin going across it.

My question is how do you remove the brass pin? Or does it even need to be removed to clean it and lubricate it. Also if having to re-lubricate it what kind of lubricant is used?

Below is a small video of what I am talking about.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Dillen
        • Topics Started 4
        • Total Posts 389

Nothing wrong with that pin. It’s free and fine.
        And the typical symptom of a locked pin is that the tonearm doesn’t lift anymore, or only lifts very slowly.

What cartridge is fitted, and have you checked the tracing force?

Martin

jebeq
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 2

Thanks for the info Dillen.

I checked the tracking force and it is at 1.2 grams as recomended for the MMC 20EN.

I am not really sure what else to check for.

Dillen
            • Topics Started 4
            • Total Posts 389

Did you check it with a proper gauge?
            If you don’t know who set up the Beogram and how, you shouldn’t trust the dial.

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds