Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram 2000 DIN connector help please – thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nickgs
    SILVER Member

Good evening – I hope my first ever message as a new member on your forum finds you all keeping well.

I have purchased a Beogram 2000 (type 5821) which powers up, the buttons all seem to work – the arm moves but the previous owner has removed the DIN connector leaving exposed wires (please see photo)

Is there anyone here who can help please with guidance on the correct way to reconnect the wires to the correct pins on a DIN connector.   Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

7 pin DIN connector on order and I am able to solder but need to be sure I am connecting the wires to the correct Pins.

If it makes any difference I plan to use my “new” Beogram 2000 with a BeoCenter 9500.

The wires are Yellow, Blue, Black, Red with what appears to be a bare metal sheath around it, a White wire with a similar bare wire sheath and then a second Black wire – but it does not have metal inside the plastic?

I really would appreciate any help that anyone could give me please – Thank you,

nick

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Madskp
      GOLD Member
        • Denmark

Hello. You are not the first to have this issue. Take a look at this post https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/topic/how-to-wire-7-din-plug-to-beogram/#post-53422

Hope that can help wire it up

nickgs
        SILVER Member

Hi Madskp

Sorry did not reply soon, I have been away.

Thank you very very much for tying to help me – I really appreciate you giving me your help.   Unfortunately ALL the links in that post are broken 404Errors.   So I do not have all the information needed.

The photos help – but not enough to be able to complete the job –

Do you have or do you know where I can get a wiring diagram please or clarity on how to connect the wires to the 7 pin din connector –

Thank you very much

nick

Guy
            • Warwickshire, UK

Unfortunately ALL the links in that post are broken 404Errors.

All the links in @madskp’s linked thread work for me – Windows 10 Chrome and also on iPhone Safari.

Maybe check again in case there was a temporary forum problem – they should give you all the info that you need.

nickgs
            SILVER Member

Hi Guy,

Good evening – great call by you – yes just checked again and they are now working – odd, but I appreciate your help….

Thank you

nick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.