Beogram 1900 possible motor issue

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Vintage HiFi Dude
      • Central Oregon
      • Topics Started 3
      • Total Posts 21

Sticking point … can’t get the copper washer off.

Dillen
        • Topics Started 4
        • Total Posts 389

Use a puller.
        Grab under as close to the spindle as possible, not to bend the copper plate.
        It’s easily distorted.

Martin

Vintage HiFi Dude
          • Central Oregon
          • Topics Started 3
          • Total Posts 21

I’ll measure the distance before doing that. Thanks

Parts order shipped this morning 🙂

Vintage HiFi Dude
            • Central Oregon
            • Topics Started 3
            • Total Posts 21

Parts arrived today and the deck is spinning like a charm. What a difference those bearings made. Thanks for the advice!!! I’ll get some pics posted … maybe video.

Here’s one pic for tonight.

Vintage HiFi Dude
              • Central Oregon
              • Topics Started 3
              • Total Posts 21

Took me awhile to deal with some cartridge retipping and got the MMC6000 back, that is now on the 1900. Sounds really good. But I have two issues. I hope to dig in this weekend, to check.

First is I get a hum, mostly left channel, once stylus is on the record and passing a signal. I did try without the ground wire attached, and carefully touching RCA’s and phono cable. I’m pretty sure it is going to be on the circuit board.

Second, 45 speed on the button doesn’t seem to work. It’s the funkiest design I have ever seen for a control button, but maybe I’m doing it wrong.

Other than than, other controls work, set down is correct and arm/weight/VTF is all correct.

I know it was mentioned to replace two, or more capacitors. C1, C3, C4, C5 were mentioned earlier in the thread. Maybe that will fix the hum. But to access the circuit board, do I remove the flywheel? I have three pdf service manuals and I don’t see any info on this.

I would guess that the 45 rpm speed adjust is oxidized.

I am open to ideas. After getting the motor rebuilt and having it work nicely, and a new flywheel belt, I’m not willing to give up on this deck.

Mark-sf
                • Topics Started 0
                • Total Posts 258

For your hum problem, does it go away when the arm is at rest? I would carefully look at the shield and tonearm connections inside. Also is is a DIN or Phone cable?

Regarding 45, there is a relay along with the mechanical switch and active circuit. Does the platter not spin at all when selecting 45 or does it not change from 33 to 45?

Vintage HiFi Dude
                  • Central Oregon
                  • Topics Started 3
                  • Total Posts 21

Thanks for the quick reply Mark!

Once the arm lifts off the record, and rests … dead quiet. This is phono cable (original with new Neutrik plugs).

The platter only spins at 33 … so when pressing “45” it acts the same.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds