Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Beogram 1900 tonearm bushing

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram 1900 tonearm bushing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tjorven
    BRONZE Member
      • Sweden
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 12

Hi, just bought a beogram 1900 in great visual condition, that need a new platter belt. It came with an mmc4000 in near pristine condition, so I guess that made the 80 euros I spent a decent affair. But upon closer inspection I saw that a black plastic ring beneath the tonearm (part 67 Bushing) is broken. Does anyone know if it’s possible to replace this part (I dont’ know if performance will suffer)? The play/stop mechanism seem to work and I get sound. Maybe the cost for replacing this bushing might not be worth it since the 1900 is pretty common on the second hand market (guess it’s not an easy fix, but could be wrong).
      Thanks!

matador
        • Paris France
        • Topics Started 47
        • Total Posts 729

Hi,

Glue it with whatever glue is relavant and punt something around it to make it stronger, from a pipe ring to an O’ring, or a very little rislan if you can conceal it. Maybe also orthodontist wire wrapped around…

Maybe not the best solution, but dismantling this part involves taking off the thin wires from the head and after that, adjusting all the arm mechanism. Definitely not something I would do unless mandatory.

Tjorven
        BRONZE Member
          • Sweden
          • Topics Started 2
          • Total Posts 12

Thanks! Yes that might be a solution, removing the tonearm seem complicated to say the least. Find it strange that this seemingly sturdy bushing is cracked, maybe the plastic get brittle by age?. If someone damaged it accidentally by force, I would expect damage to the more delicate parts of the tonearm.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram 1900 tonearm bushing

• You must be logged in to create new topics.