Beogram 1602 Tracking

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram 1602 Tracking

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tcraig
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 2

Hi all,

I have searched these forums to the best of my ability and haven’t found any information on this subject, so I am posting a new topic. Apologies if I missed something obvious.

I recently inherited a B&O Beogram 1602 turntable. It has been in storage since 2002! and was lightly used prior to that so it seems to be in good shape. It has an MMC 10 E cartridge and the stylus is fine. The tracking weight is set to 1.44 g, which I think is about right, but I could be wrong. It starts up fine and rotates at speed, but as soon as the tone arm touches down, it skates inward. On turntables that I have owned in the past, this would be an anti-skating adjustment, but I can’t find any information about such an adjustment on the Beogram 1602. Is there such a thing? If so, how does one adjust it? If not, is there anything I can do to alleviate this problem? Any info would be appreciated.

Regards,

Tom

Mark-sf
        • Topics Started 0
        • Total Posts 258

My guess is that you are not really tracking at that weight. How did you measure 1.44g?

Mark-sf
          • Topics Started 0
          • Total Posts 258

What you are hearing when you physically touch the stylus is cantilever movement not the condition of the diamond. Have it checked under a microscope as it might be that the diamond portion might be missing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds