Home › Forums › General Discussion & Questions › BeoWorld Feature / Problem › Beocord V6000 VHS behaving strangely
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 33 minutes ago by
joupar.
-
AuthorPosts
-
1 October 2026 at 08:09 #125709
joupar
GOLD MemberHi!
If there happens to be anyone still interested in BEO VHS recorders, I have a intriquing problem to be solved
I’m currently trying to revive a BeoCord V6000 VHS recorder back to life. I know that this is an entry level/basic model. But I still think it deserves an other life in my, quite comprehensive I could say, collection of B&O devices. And I try to keep as much as possible them alive and (back) in working condition
This device under reviving is type 4401. It has got a quite strange behavior at this state of repair to be solved
When you insert manually, without power connected, the cassette down to the ‘loaded’ position and power it on, it loads the tape around the drum OK, plays it, winds it forward and reverse, pauses and stops. Also it ejects it alright
But jus a few seconds after the cassette has been ejected and removed, it tries to pull the cassette holder back. Tries a couple of times and then goes to standby. It protects, I have read, itself after detecting a this kind of a error in loading
And if the power is on when you try to insert the cassette it starts to “repel” it and starts ejecting it, At least it seems so. This happens right after the microcontroller detects pulses from the FTA i.e. ‘threading tahco’ sensor…
I first suspected that a switch or a sensor on the Tape Deck Sensor Panel unit is defect. But they all have now been checked and tested multiple times to be OK and correctly timed in relation to the cassette loading cycle
Also itself the loading mechanism, its gears and others are now checked many times to be timed OK
Does anyone have any information how the machine behaves this strangely?
Is it a question of a problem of the microcontroller, its program or in the memory chips? Is it then repairable at all…?
The backup lithium battery has been changed because it was totally dead when I got this machine. And I’ve tired to solve this strange behavior of it also by disconnecting it, and thus erasing at least the backup memory. No luck
The behavior I described here is consistent and repeatable any time you will
A couple of videos attached here to clarify the problem…
BEOcollector and restorer Jouni
Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.My B&O Icons:
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
