Beocord 9000 tape calibration never stops

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCord Beocord 9000 tape calibration never stops

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    citronix
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 4

Everything seems to be working except the auto tape calibration. It runs endless until I press stop. It shoud take 10-20 seconds, not 45 minuts,

I have read some old posts regarding the subject, but not found any answers

Anyone??

beolover.vn
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 2
        • Total Posts 4

Hello, I also have a Beocord 9000 device encountering a similar issue with the Rec Cal not stopping. After a preliminary check, I used a multitester with a diode test function. When I applied it to pin 2 of 13P24, the Rec Cal function worked correctly. I’m not proficient in technical matters, and my capabilities only extend this far. I hope fellow enthusiasts can provide assistance.

YouTube link of my device:  https ://youtu.be/Zur4gGsA4pY

Sy Ben
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 3
          • Total Posts 8

Yesterday, I had some free time and checked my equipment. I found that 13IC3 was short-circuited. I replaced it with a similar IC, and everything is back in operation. There is still another issue with EQ and sensitivity that I will continue to investigate when I have the time.

citronix
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 2
            • Total Posts 4

Well – I made it so far, that when I disconnetc the  P26 – the 8 pin plug on PCB 11 – the DAC, the autocalibration turns of after been engaged for about 10  seconds – which seems correct.

But why – I still dont know

I have tried to replace PCB 11 and 13, one at a tim, with PCBs from a working machine – without any changes ;-(

artig
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 0
              • Total Posts 15

Presumably you know that you can get a readout of the values the calibration has found, so you can check if they have changed or if the results are reasonable? The procedure is outlined in the service manual. With Record Open press Stop and Tape Type at the same time. Display blinks 0000. Press digit 1 to 5 to display the values.

Sy Ben
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 3
                • Total Posts 8

Well – I made it so far, that when I disconnetc the P26 – the 8 pin plug on PCB 11 – the DAC, the autocalibration turns of after been engaged for about 10 seconds – which seems correct. But why – I still dont know I have tried to replace PCB 11 and 13, one at a tim, with PCBs from a working machine – without any changes ;-(

I think the device is not functioning correctly logically. After performing REC CAL, the values will not be accurate

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCord Beocord 9000 tape calibration never stops

• You must be logged in to create new topics.