Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCord Beocord 8000 breaking a cassette tape

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    didier
    BRONZE Member

Hi, breaking a cassette may be a strong word, but I don’t know how to fix this:

B7D3146D-1553-492E-8570-F23E4B72E3A3

Also, do you know how it could have happened? This was a new tape with less than 3 plays. I am using a sacrificial tape now to see if it will be reproduced.

Is it the Beocord’s fault, the tape or mine?

AdamS
      GOLD Member

I’d say it’s a poor quality cassette shell that has allowed this to happen. You’ll probably have to break the shell apart to fix it, then glue it back together.

artig
        BRONZE Member

Before breaking the shell apart I would take a pen or pencil and turn the lower reel slightly clockwise to loosen the tape and try to pull it gently out of the cassette while doing so. It may get the tape back on the reel without any damage. At least with a clear plastic shell you can see what is happening and avoid making it worse. It’s also best done when the dry conditions don’t cause static cling or repulsion.

During development of the drive mechanism it was a problem with tape damage when starting or stopping wind or rewind but whatever the cause it was solved before production started. See:

Beocord 8000

and:

Various reminiscences

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.