Beocord 7000 – belts done – still fault

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Beocord 7000 – belts done – still fault

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Amo46
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 3

Changed the belts on my Beocord 7000, but it sounds like the motor is turning, but the tape does not turn. Also, when I try to remove the tape the head is in the way and needs to be carefully pushed back to remove the tape.  I would be grateful for advice or common faults I should check.

please help 🙂

Andy

Amo46
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 3

Ok – fixed it. Sounds great.

auric
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 14
          • Total Posts 83

Hi Andy:

Curious… did you do anything special to get the mech working?

I have the same mech as you. After belt change, the transport doesn’t function properly.

Will FFWD in one direction but not the other. Doesn’t play.

Derek

Amo46
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 3
            • RI think I just fiddled with the position of the worm gear.  It’s the white plastic wheel with tracks on it. That helped when I put it back together. What ever I’ve done was a bit of a fluke if I’m honest.
            anthony elliot
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 0
              • Total Posts 8

Hi Andy, I wonder if you could help. I recently bought a Beocord 7000 (plus Beomaster, Beogram CD etc etc) I was over the moon getting it (auction). I took a chance at the auction (cost a wee bit), anyway when I set it up the Beogram CD didn’t play, lucky for me it was just a head clean. When I got to the Beocord 7000, the head/transport did not move (I am gutted) anyway I was able to get access to the cassette unit (I am ok to a certain level of disassembly)  and can see that the “big belt” had failed. I wonder if you could help me… I have obviously got the unit out, but unsure how to go further t0 access the belts, also I do not know where to get the right belts and of suitable quality. I think I have the Bang & Olufsen Beocord 7000 Version 2 tape head (if that makes sense). I have attached photos. Any help would be appreciated or pointing me in the right direction.

Tony

Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Beocord 7000 – belts done – still fault

• You must be logged in to create new topics.