Beocord 6000 / 8000 | Fast Forward issues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    notwist
      • Topics Started 9
      • Total Posts 57

Hi all,

I have three Beocords languishing in storage and a fourth tape mechanism as a spare. All Beocord 6000 / 8000. And of the four mechanisms (all with new belts and lubricated) only one has a working fast forward. It is the mechanism not the machine, when I insert the working mechanism it functions in all three machines.

So this appears to be a very common failure in these mechanisms. But after reading the old forums I still don’t understand what is failing and what should be done about it. As far as I can see there is no difference between the 4 mechanisms. They all move freely and all parts move in the same manner.

Would someone be so kind as to point me to the problem origin? And what to dissasemble in the tape mechanism to restore the fast forward function?

Many thanks for helping me revive these beautiful decks.

BB

chartz
        • Burgundy
        • Topics Started 3
        • Total Posts 199

Hi, and welcome to Beoworld ☺️

That’s indeed the usual failure on these machines. You have to renew every single idler tyre and quite possibly the broken clutch arm.

You will find the correct parts (buy the main belts too, beware of eBay random ones) at Beoparts.

Happy repairs! 🤓

notwist
          • Topics Started 9
          • Total Posts 57

Hi, and welcome to Beoworld ☺️ That’s indeed the usual failure on these machines. You have to renew every single idler tyre and quite possibly the broken clutch arm. You will find the correct parts (buy the main belts too, beware of eBay random ones) at Beoparts. Happy repairs! 🤓

—-

Is there any website or forum page where I can find more details? All belts have been changed with good quality ones (even purchased from Beolover). As far as I can see the Idler wheels are all in the same condition, I don’t expect it to be this. Dismantling the mechanism without knowing what you’re doing is a sure way of never getting it back together 🙁

BB

spassmaker
            • Topics Started 19
            • Total Posts 115

If you got the right belts and renewed / cleaned all the Idler Rubbers even the small ones inside the mechanism as chartz mentioned there is a mistake which I made for myself, I took just only one cassette for testing which did’t work, took another and everything was fine.

Are the transport wheels which grab into the cassette running free? Common problem is sized lubrication on the spindles.

Have a closer look for the breakarms, one grabs inside the transport wheel, easy to mount wrong 😉 don’t ask me why I know this.

If all is done and still no progress you could change one wheel after the other from your working unit to determine which part is causing the failure.

Regards

Christian

notwist
              • Topics Started 9
              • Total Posts 57

Hi all, Christian,

i’ve ordered the parts from Beoparts and they arrived. After an afternoon struggling with the re-assembly of the cassettte transport it is now working as it should. I compared the old and the new rubbers but aside from a bit of greyness they are identical in size and shape. I think that if you were to use ‘rubber renew’ you could easily get the same results. The tolerance appears to be very narrow, just a tiny bit too little friction will drop it off.

Now it’s off to my other three decks. Not really looking forward to doing it but after this one I think i’ve nailed the process ;-).

BB

chartz
                • Burgundy
                • Topics Started 3
                • Total Posts 199

Well done, and thanks for the update, always appreciated ☺️

imac22
                  • Topics Started 0
                  • Total Posts 1

Hi,

I got the same problem with my Beocord 8000, shall not the brakes on the left side release then pressing ff?

Regards

Glitch
                    • Topics Started 18
                    • Total Posts 267

notwist:  You asked about more detail… This video does a good job demonstrating some of the things mentioned above.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBnIB4lDPzk

Glitch

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds