Help accessing service menu on MX4000 crt tv

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Help accessing service menu on MX4000 crt tv

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mark_parch
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 3

I recently picked up a MX4000 tv which is software version 4.2. I was led to believe that i should be able to access the service menu with the remote on this software. I know it’s menu,0,0,go to access the service menu but i have a beolink 1000 remote so it’s shift,text,0,0,play but when i do this it just displays the software version 4.2 on the screen. If anybody could help it would be much appreciated as i don’t want to take the back off the tv and put a screwdriver on the pins like i did with my old mx6000 version 1.
      Regards Mark

Guy
      GOLD Member
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 16
        • Total Posts 1,046

Hi Mark and welcome to Beoworld!

Try MENU 1 1 PLAY (or SHIFT TEXT 1 1 PLAY)

mark_parch
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 3

Thanks for the reply Guy
          I did read that menu 1 1 play works on the mx6000/7000 but i have tried that and get nothing not even the software version.

It’s so strange because software version 4.2 should definitely work.
          Maybe it just doesn’t work with the beolink 1000 remote but that would be strange.

Guy
          GOLD Member
            • Warwickshire, UK
            • Topics Started 16
            • Total Posts 1,046

That’s frustrating – I suspect that you need to short the pins like you did before.

If you need frequent access to the service menu, then it could be worth soldering a cable to the service pins and fitting a simple push switch somewhere on the rear case – I have read about other people doing this.

Guy
            GOLD Member
              • Warwickshire, UK
              • Topics Started 16
              • Total Posts 1,046

One other thought…

Try going to the TV’s MENU (via SHIFT TEXT) then SETUP page. Then press 0 0 PLAY.

mark_parch
                • Topics Started 1
                • Total Posts 3

Yeah that’s what i did on my old mx7000 but the tv broke shortly after and i thought it might have been something i did while the back was off. At least it will be slightly easier this time as the mx4000 is a lot smaller, the mx7000 weighs a tonne lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.