Beocord 5000 (Typ 4921) Problem Auto stop

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCord Beocord 5000 (Typ 4921) Problem Auto stop

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    klaus_bs
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 5

Hello everyone, I’m new here in the forum and recently received a Beogram CD 50 and a Beocord 5000 (Type 4921) from a friend.

I was able to bring the CD 50 to life (clean it, clean the drive, carefully grease the gears, change the belt) and everything runs perfectly.

I was also able to make the Beocord 5000 usable (clean the drive, change the belt, readjust the drawer, clean the rollers and treat the track with silicone spray). All functions are now there except for a strange behavior when auto stop at the end of the line. When the end of the tape is reached with PLAY, it switches off properly. However, when the end of the tape is reached by the winding (FF or Rewind) it does not switch off but the motor continues to run. Only after removing the cassette does the tape head carrier move back and forth briefly and then switch off. So START GO doesn’t work either.

As far as I understand it, a magnet is driven via the right coil and belt and a Hall sensor measures the movement for the counter and is also responsible for auto stop: Or have I misunderstood something?

Maybe someone here has an explanation for this behavior and can give me a hint.

Greetings Klaus

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCord Beocord 5000 (Typ 4921) Problem Auto stop

• You must be logged in to create new topics.