Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCom Beocom 2 Repair

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    artig
    BRONZE Member

I have four Beocom 2 handsets that have been in storage for about 20 years that could be plundered for spare parts if necessary, except for the main circuit boards since I don’t know which program version is in their flash memory. Hopefully the batteries haven’t leaked and caused any damage. Everything worked when they were put in storage.

Manfred Hans
      BRONZE Member

What colors do the phones have? Find still glossy blue.

"Be excellent to each other!" Bill S. Preston and Ted "Theodore" Logan
        (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure)

artig
        BRONZE Member

There are two aluminium, a black and a grey. All are pre-2010 so matt finish.

Manfred Hans
          BRONZE Member

For all People who want to dismantle their dummy or charger, I have a small guide that I am looking for everywhere but have no found it. My table charger has a broken cable at the introducting in the housing and I therefore wanted to open it to reduce the cable or patch on the inside.

Well, it‘s very simple, if you have the know how, the rotating plate on the underside is only snapped an can be easily lifted out. Then you have access to four Torx 8 Screws that keep the housing upper. The contacts in wich the phone rests are attached to the top by means of three Torx 6 screws. Voila, no more problems.

Open for questions.

The top from this test was sticky and full of cracks, shortly before the resolution. I actually wanted to repaint it, but it turned out that the effort was no longer worth it, the plastic is already brewing.

Manfred

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.

Manfred Hans
            BRONZE Member

Looking for Option to delete old Handsets in INT Menue. Thanks

Guy
                • Warwickshire, UK

Looking for Option to delete old Handsets in INT Menue. Thanks

Go to ‘Setup Menu’, then ‘Advanced Menu’, then ‘Base …’, then ‘Remove the handset’ then chose the one(s) that you wish to remove.

Manfred Hans
                BRONZE Member

He Guy! You are great Dude, it works.!! Thank you.

Manfred

Manfred Hans
                  BRONZE Member

If anyone needs parts, I have four dismantled handheld devices here, two brand new displays and two brand new joysticks. But all of this can also be ordered or repaired through AVAservice.
                    Email: workshop@avaservices.co.uk
                    Web: http://www.avaservices.co.uk

Thank you Manfred from germany

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Manfred Hans.

Jonathan McCall
                    BRONZE Member

Hi Manfred – do you have a red case in excellent condition ?

Thanks

Jonny

Manfred Hans
                      BRONZE Member

Hello Jonny!

Unfortunately not. Only matt silver, matt aubergine, matt black. I use shiny red, shiny silver and shiny black. I’m still looking for shiny blue.

Manfred

Manfred Hans
                        BRONZE Member

Maybe this for you?

Jonathan McCall
                          BRONZE Member

Far too expensive for a non working phone I’m afraid, but thanks for the heads up.

Manfred Hans
                            BRONZE Member

In my experience, in most cases either the battery and/or the display are defective. This can be repaired for around 160 euros. You still have a very nice phone for under 300 euros. The last Beocom 2 that I bought new cost almost 900.00 euros. No Fake!!

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.