Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCenter Beocentre 7000 dead after new cassette belts!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hosky57
    BRONZE Member

I’ve done my Beocentre 7000 to DEATH or nearly…..or have I?

After opening both sides very carefully indeed. Carefully removing the two loom connectors under the record deck, carefully removing the cassette mechanism, cleaning it and replacing the belts. Then putting everything back together again with reference to the photos I took (carefully). Everything is dead apart from the two radio tuning balance leds!

What have I done please?

Despondent1E44D004-5661-4781-A07A-AC08084D2CBE of the south west

Die_Bogener
      BRONZE Member

Hi,

taking fotos is a very good idea. Documenting with fotos before and after the operation… i do it also before beginning a difficult repair or a unit without documents…

Did you pull any connectors, plugs or something like that? Is it possible to assemble them the other way round? Or shift it by a pin…? Or forget a connector? Pins can break in the solder pad…

Blown fuse?

Disconnect the repaired drive and remove it, a center should also run without it and start again.

Good luck!

Martin

Hosky57
        BRONZE Member

Thank you Martin

Very good points indeed. Thank you

Could a wiring connector misplaced cause the whole system to crash as opposed to just the cassette player? I’m getting no display lights at all nor any functionality from buttons.

You’ve raised some good ideas though and I think I’ll lift the covers again and check the loom connections with the early photos.

Hosky57
          BRONZE Member

I’ve checked the connectors and two glass fuses I found but all appear to be correctly fitted and working.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.