Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCenter Beocenter 9300 Laser replacement

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Madskp
    GOLD Member
      • Denmark

Got a replacement laser for the Beocenter 9300 and now trying to replace it, but cant for the life of me figure out how to get the old laser module out.

IMG_9158

To me it looks like I have to remove the big white gear to be able to lift the guide rail and the laser module out. But I can’t make the gear move out, and a little afraid to break it.

Any inputs?

Thanks in advance

auric
      BRONZE Member

Hi:

Watch this video:

Go to 5:45 mark.

Derek

Dillen

And use ESD-protection!
          These things are highly sensitive to static electricity.
          Many owners experience that new lasers don’t work, – and while it is correct that
          many asian “counterfeits” won’t work, or only work for a few hours, many lasers
          are damaged by static electricity, – either during shipping, if shipped without
          shorting clamp and/or ESD-shielding or by handling without taking
          proper ESD-precautions.
          I have seen many of both cases.

Martin

Madskp
          GOLD Member
            • Denmark

Hi: Watch this video
            Go to 5:45 mark. Derek

Hi and thanks for the video link. It seems though that on the unit he is working on in the video he is removing a plastic bracket which gives acces to the other guide rail. But on the on from the BC9300 that both the guide rail and the overhanging “bracket” is part of cast metal, so there is no way to get the laser module up in that side of the mechanism.

As I see it the only way is to remove the white gear, but I am very open to other suggestions

Madskp
            GOLD Member
              • Denmark

And use ESD-protection! These things are highly sensitive to static electricity. Many owners experience that new lasers don’t work, – and while it is correct that many asian “counterfeits” won’t work, or only work for a few hours, many lasers are damaged by static electricity, – either during shipping, if shipped without shorting clamp and/or ESD-shielding or by handling without taking proper ESD-precautions. I have seen many of both cases. Martin

Hi Martin and thanks for the warning. I have a grounded antistatic mat and wristband ready so I hopefully won’t fry the new module in the proces

Die_Bogener
              BRONZE Member

The white gear wheel is just snapped on the axle. Either pull it or use a small needle to open the snap…

Madskp
                GOLD Member
                  • Denmark

The white gear wheel is just snapped on the axle. Either pull it or use a small needle to open the snap…

Succes. It just needed the right amount of force to come of. Thanks for the tip. Always great to know beforehand if use of force is a good idea or gonna break think.

Installation of the new laser module vent smooth and now the CD part of the BC9300 is running smooth again ?

Thanks to everyone for inputs

Next up is changing belts in the casette deck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.