Beocenter 8500 distorted sound, no bass

Home Forums Products Related Forums Vintage Products Beocenter 8500 distorted sound, no bass

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    andresev
    BRONZE Member

Hello, I just got a Beocenter 8500 ver.2511 SW 1.1 that is producing a very muddled sound. Low volume and mainly treble. Now, this is what I have done so far (from a donor 8500):

1. The primary speaker output only gave sound on left channel. While testing with secondary speaker output both channels worked.
      2. I have exchanged the following:
        1. Power supply and rectifiers
        2. All fuses
        3. pre amp  and  line in (53/54)
        4. Tuner card (10)
        5. Casette deck (after reading about the one with issues here, and i realised the tape deck actually turned on even if tape was not selected . both pins rotating upon power up)
      3. Sound is still breaking up if it is bass based and will be clear but staging/stereo is totally off with chorus in front and lead vocals in the back and no bass, sometime while turning up the volume, it seems to want to break through with louder music, but it is totally distorted.

HELP. The donor had a wrecked top plate otherwise I would have moved everything to that unit and made it work…now I have two parts systems…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.