Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Beocenter 7700 Issues

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Beocenter 7700 Issues

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Imax5353
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 3

Hello everyone, I just snagged a Beocenter 7700 that has issues, and just wanted to check here before I delve too far.

So, it power on and the main display shows, however everything else is dead, the P6 dial lights up, but not the tuning or stereo indicators. The phono doesnt move, but it recognizes that there is a record and even the phono light is off. The tape sensor and light work (couldn’t test mech as the belt is goo).

Any advice would be great. I was also wondering what the 15 v, 20 ma port next to the speaker connectors is, almost looks like a DC plug, is there supposed to be a fuse?

Thanks!

Imax5353
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 3

The processor check shows P O, so I’m assuming its good.  I’m out of town, so should be able to get a look at it soon.

Imax5353
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 3

After getting a good look, and waiting for parts, someone had been in there before and replace a few of the caps.  I replaced the powerboard caps and rectifier, hoping for the best, but no dice, and also discovered that the board has the wrong polarity on one of the main caps (POP!).

So still some digging to do.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Beocenter 7700 Issues

• You must be logged in to create new topics.