Beocenter 7700 buzzing/hum

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Beocenter 7700 buzzing/hum

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    chuckturns
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 3
      • Total Posts 3

hi there,

recently have been fixing up a 7700 and ran into typical stuff, belt replacement, some hinge/ latch fixing, thank you beo parts, but havent been able to figure the buzzing humming,

it occurs when the speakers are selected and hums out the headphone output also with the speakers unplugged.

i thought it was a grounding issue, could still be, but the tape over the cassette screw towards the front didnt fix it, the rubber feet fell off thought thought that could be something, but sitting on a wood shelf so dont think so.

the speakers could be causing the problem they are some old braun L50 speakers, but heres the kicker: when i got the unit and i initially plugged them into these same speakers they did the same awful hum once you selected the speaker output, but if you left them plugged in and not selected no hum/ buzz, all fine and dandy but then eventually after a while of sitting i would test again and to my avail no hum/ buzz! but that was before the beoparts came and before i got in there to really fix the belt/ latch/ hinge and now the buzzing is constant, a real shame now that i got all the nice flair, would love some guidance, please and thank you

i still think a grounding  issue is maybe in the cards, maybe something deeper ? and hopefully something easy and manageable 🙂 please let me know if you have any advice will take it all

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.