Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCenter Beocenter 7007 intermittent auto phono mute issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ColinPowell
    BRONZE Member

Hi,

Has anyone experienced an issue with the auto mute feature when playing records on the Beocenter 7007?

Sometimes when playing a record the amplifier causes distortion in the right channel when the auto mute switches back on after the arm has dropped at the beginning of a record. If I press Phono again to raise the arm and then Phono for the 3rd time to set the arm down again the problem is solved. So there appears to be a 50 / 50 chance of this distortion each time I play a record.

Once cured it is fine until I play another record wherby it seems to be pot luck if the distortion is there or not.

Is there a common component which may be causing this that I can replace?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin

ColinPowell
      BRONZE Member

I would appreciate anyone’s input into a component I can change on the amplifier board.

There’s a board for sale cheaply on Ebay if it’s worth swapping them over.

I just haven’t a clue when it comes to electronics.

Regards,

Colin

Mark-sf
        BRONZE Member

Your problem is not likely an electronic one but a mechanical one. There is a muting switch under the tonearm that is activated by the arm movement. It likelly needs its contacts cleaned. The service manaul is at https://beomanuals.com/manuals/Beocenter/Beocenter%207700/Beocenter_7700-Service_Manual.pdf. The part is 1567 in the parts list but the diagram marks it as 1557. You open it by removing screws in the rear and it hinges from the front.

ColinPowell
          BRONZE Member

Hi Mark,

Sorry for long delay in replying but I have now fixed the problem. It was indeed the mechanical issue you described and by cleaning the contacts it now works properly every time. So thank you for your sound advice.

Regards,

Colin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.