Beocenter 6 with Beosystem 3 and Beocenter 2: How?

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCenter Beocenter 6 with Beosystem 3 and Beocenter 2: How?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    T.W.G
    GOLD Member
      • Topics Started 7
      • Total Posts 41

Hey,

maybe somebody can help to get this nice vintage setup to work. 🙂

I want to install the 3 B&O items in our sleeping room:
      – Beocenter 6-26
      – Beocenter 2 DVD
      – Beosystem 3

But:
      – How do I get the sound from Beosystem 3 sources AND the Beocenter 2 out of the Beocenter 3 speakers?
      – How to prevent double commands for Beosystem 3 and Beocenter 6?
      Option settings, yes, but how. I want e.g. “V.Mem” to start the Beocenter 6, Beosystem 3 but don’t want both to react to volume commands. I setup the Beocenter 6 as “non B&O monitor” on the Beosystem as it only knows Beovision4 and 12.

Of course it should be user friendly as my wife and kids should be able to use it easily.

When I only connect the Beocenter 2 with the Beocenter 6 via Masterlink I can listen to Radio, CD and Aux from the Beocenter 2.
      But as soon as the Beosystem 3 is here, the trouble begins. 😉

Tignum
      GOLD Member
        • Netherlands
        • Topics Started 8
        • Total Posts 365

Hello TWG, what is the reason you want to use the BeoSystem 3? For its HDMI inputs? Regards, Johan

YannChris
        GOLD Member
          • Brittany, France
          • Topics Started 27
          • Total Posts 257

This could be avoided by attaching a set of speakers to another set of PL connctors on the BS3 and assign that speakergroup to music.

I think it’s not necessary, Link+Audio sources should fetch them on the BC2.

Yes, BS3/BC2 as main system is more adapted to video sources.

Madskp
          GOLD Member
            • Denmark
            • Topics Started 35
            • Total Posts 834

This could be avoided by attaching a set of speakers to another set of PL connctors on the BS3 and assign that speakergroup to music.

I think it’s not necessary, Link+Audio sources should fetch them on the BC2. Yes, BS3/BC2 as main system is more adapted to video sources.

Yes thats right. I wasn’t thinking that the ML connection should also be there, but yes that should work

T.W.G
            GOLD Member
              • Topics Started 7
              • Total Posts 41

Thanks for your input. So it seems a little more complicated than originally thought 😉

T.W.G
              GOLD Member
                • Topics Started 7
                • Total Posts 41

Hello Johan,

yes, the Beosystem 3 manages the HDMI inputs (Streamer, Blu-Ray…).

Tignum
                GOLD Member
                  • Netherlands
                  • Topics Started 8
                  • Total Posts 365

Hello Johan, yes, the Beosystem 3 manages the HDMI inputs (Streamer, Blu-Ray…).

What if: BC6 (option 4) DVI connected to BSys3; command Link-PC to start PC source on BC6. BC2 (option 0) and BSys3 (option 2) ML connected and Scart connected; the BSys3 then is the ML leader; BC6 is solemnly the monitor. Now the only thing: what about sound coming from the BC6 speakers, maybe a cable from Steve; PL to RCA will do the trick

A BV 7-32 would be simpler in this set-up, with the BL7 connected to the BS3 using PowerLink. It would also avoid double reaction to volume commands (both BS3 and BC6-26 reacting).

YannChris
                  GOLD Member
                    • Brittany, France
                    • Topics Started 27
                    • Total Posts 257

Hello Johan,

Here are my ideas (with no guarantee of success)

I would create a small ML network including the 3 items use a ML distributor if you have one).

Beocenter 6 has the speakers, so I would set it on Option 2.

Beocenter 2 set to Option 0 so that it is controlled by the BC6. If needed, a scart cable may distribute the video for DVD.

BS3 could be seen as a link product placed in the main room. So option 4.

All video inputs of BC6 disabled except the one connected to BS3 and SCART if you use it.

In BS3, do not use these input names for it’s video sources.

Then the problem is to control the BS3 sources.

BS3 can be “called” with command Link + source name, which can be added in the Beo4 list (eg L-DTV2, L-V.AUX…).

As an alternative and if you have a spare Beo4, you could program it in order that it only sends Link command (access to “Config?” as you do for option programming, press 2 0 0 2  then Exit – Same way to turn the Beo4 to normal mode).

I hope it helps. If it doesn’t, look at the Beolink Handbook link available on the right of this page.

Yann.

Madskp
                    GOLD Member
                      • Denmark
                      • Topics Started 35
                      • Total Posts 834

Another idea that will work best for video sources is to set the BC6 in option 4. That way you can activate the BC6 with a Link + the video Source button assigned to the video input for the BS3.  The volume should be set at a fixed level so the volume is controlled from the BS3

The BS3 in option 2 and the BC2 in option 0 should the be controlable by normal commands with all sources available.

However if you will just listen to music with this setup you will still have to activate the BC6 with the Link + Video command first. This could be avoided by attaching a set of speakers to another set of PL connctors on the BS3 and assign that speakergroup to music.

Not optimal but hope it can help getting some ideas

Carolpa
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Topics Started 6
                        • Total Posts 249

Hello Johan, yes, the Beosystem 3 manages the HDMI inputs (Streamer, Blu-Ray…).

What if:

BC6 (option 4) DVI  connected to BSys3; command Link-PC to start PC source on BC6.
                        BC2 (option 0) and BSys3 (option 2) ML connected and Scart connected; the BSys3 then is the ML leader; BC6 is solemnly the monitor.

Now the only thing: what about sound coming from the BC6 speakers, maybe a cable from Steve; PL to RCA will do the trick

Carolpa
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Topics Started 6
                          • Total Posts 249

Another idea that will work best for video sources…..

same type idea, but you were somewhat quicker

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCenter Beocenter 6 with Beosystem 3 and Beocenter 2: How?

• You must be logged in to create new topics.