Beocenter 6 – 23 radio and masterlink

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCenter Beocenter 6 – 23 radio and masterlink

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Madskp
    GOLD Member
      • Denmark
      • Topics Started 35
      • Total Posts 837

For now I have a Beocenter 6-26 in my “Mancave”. Placement options are a little limited as the room is under an angled roof and there is not much width in the room.

Therefor as an alternative I am now looking at the Beocenter 6-23 as an alternative as this is not taking up as much place, and hopefully will give me the same functionality (and maybe some more).

My current BC6-6 does not have a built in radio, but as far as I can read the BC6-23 always has the built in radio. I am now wondering how that is working in regards to Masterlink.

On the Beoworld product page https://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=740it is describes as the the BC6 can function as an audiomaster.

Skærmbillede 2024-02-17 kl. 18.34.03

However that does not makes much sense to me if that should be the case as this would not allow for another audio master in the system.

The reference book show that it is possible to enable or disable the built in radio, but also to choose something called linked radio whatever that means?

Skærmbillede 2024-02-17 kl. 18.30.07 Also the reference book has this setup described where the BC6 is placed in a link room with a Audiosystem, and it is possible to select the radio on either the BC6 or the audiosystem.

Skærmbillede 2024-02-17 kl. 18.31.21

However not that clear if that also applies if the BC6 is setup as a video master?

Will the BC6-23 function as a videomaster at all or are there some kind of limitation?

Any other limitations I am not seeing, and maybe features I am loosing if I “downgrade for the BC6-26 to the BC6-23 (Less speakers and screensize I know)

Any insights are very welcome

Thanks in advance

Madskp
      GOLD Member
        • Denmark
        • Topics Started 35
        • Total Posts 837

When an FM or DAB radio is fitted to a BC6-23 which it was if purchased in the UK, then if you press “Radio” on the remote it would play using the audio master via the masterlink. If you wanted to play the radio fitted in the BC6-23, then you use “LINK” found in the “LIST” followed by “Radio”

Thanks for the info. seems that not all use cases has been described in the manual for the BC6.

Keith Saunders
        BRONZE Member
          • Hampshire, England
          • Topics Started 23
          • Total Posts 154

The BC6-23 can be an audio master if required, but by default it is not.

When an FM or DAB radio is fitted to a BC6-23 which it was if purchased in the UK, then if you press “Radio” on the remote it would play using the audio master via the masterlink. If you wanted to play the radio fitted in the BC6-23, then you use “LINK” found in the “LIST” followed by “Radio”

There are several variations of the BC6-23 depending on type number/country or MArk 1 or 2

BC6-23

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCenter Beocenter 6 – 23 radio and masterlink

• You must be logged in to create new topics.