Beocenter 5000 repair help!

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Beocenter 5000 repair help!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    alefya
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 1

I recently revived a Beocenter 5000 that has been gathering dust in a family members attic. Was able to get everything working smoothly and have been enjoying using it just as a record player for a few weeks now. This morning, I tried playing the radio through it and as soon as I switched to LW the system seems to have blown out. When I switch it on now, the main display is completely black and none of the buttons work. The only indication that the system is on is that the two lights above the tuning wheel are lit up (shown in picture). I’m a complete novice when it comes to these things so don’t fancy my chances taking the whole thing apart! Is anyone able to recommend some potential easy fixes? Any and all advice would be extremely appreciated as this has been in the family since it was bought new and would love to keep it up and running. Thanks!64B7179C-1180-4F7C-B104-1FED9579BADC5355238F-29A1-47FD-AFA0-931FB54AFB5A

Dillen
        • Topics Started 4
        • Total Posts 389

Blown fuse and/or ripple on power supply DC voltages from bad filter capacitors (the three large cans).
        A scope will tell.

Also, if present in your Beocenter, check the capacitor on the edge of the CPU board. It’s known to short.

Martin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds