Beocenter 2

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Beogogo
    BRONZE Member

I purchased a cherry Beocenter 2, had it serviced and am ready to set it up. Right now, I just want to use it for listening to CD’s. I can connect the RCA audio out jacks to the aux input of my Beosound Edge and it works great, but no remote works. 2 Beo4’s and a Beo One. I know they work, so it’s not them. I suspect it was used in a system with a TV, as I have seen the message about adjusting sound via the TV. I’ve tried the PL jack, but again no remote works. I do get sound, but reduced compared to the aux. I have tried to find anything in the old forums, and did see a mention of using a special PL cable, is this what my problem is? Thanks!

trackbeo
      BRONZE Member

Talking through my hat because I don’t own one myself, but this sounds like the classic “Option 0” setting where the attached TV is supposed to process the IR remote.  Everybody says “just do Sound / 1 / Store on your Beolink 1000 remote, while the power is off.”    The manual fragment below confirms & tells how to do it with a Beo4:

Beocenter 2 A.OPT settings

I believe it’s perfectly normal for Aux output to be louder than PowerLink because PowerLink level is controlled by the volume control.  I was recently reminded of that the hard way, accidentally plugging my Beocenter 9500 Aux out straight into a power amp: Yikes that was loud.

Beogogo
        BRONZE Member

No luck. I even reset it to defaults. It still says go to the TV to adjust sound. Maybe is is the power link cable. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Beogogo
          BRONZE Member

As an owner of a cherry Beocenter 2, I was in the same situation. No matter what I tried, I couldn’t get it to work. Until I powered the Beocenter 2 down and tried it and worked the first time! And it works for the two Beo4 and Beo One remotes. I hav noticed that if you unplug the unit, you might have to go through the same process after plugging it in again

Tignum
            BRONZE Member
              • Netherlands

Beogogo, thanks for solving the mystery so other readers can benefit! But… you are the OP right? 🙂

Beogogo
              BRONZE Member

OP?

Tignum
                BRONZE Member
                  • Netherlands

The Original Poster of the thread.

Beogogo
                  BRONZE Member

lol, I was. I didn’t even notice. Well I fixed it myself. Sorry for the confusion.

Tignum
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Netherlands

😆 Great that you got it working! And thanks again for posting how. Cheers, Johan

BeoTool
                      BRONZE Member

I purchased a cherry Beocenter 2, had it serviced and am ready to set it up.!

May I ask where you had it serviced? Would love to acquire a BC 2 someday.

Beogogo
                        BRONZE Member

Modular Electronics
                          https://aminaaudio.com

They repaired a Beosound 4000 for me in addition to the Beocenter 2. Very knowledgeable and quick turnaround.

BeoTool
                          BRONZE Member

TY! 🙏🏼

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.