Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoApp Bang & Olufsen App – Beta version 5.x.x.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    YannChris
    FOUNDER Member
      • Brittany, France

Today’s new version did not bring any improvement for the missing ML sources.

So I rolled back to 5.3 version, but only 39 days left 🙁

BTW, I noticed in 5.3 that ML sources are present in Core but not in Theatre.

Kind regards,

Yann.

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg————Danmark

Mr. Andersen asked on the previous page….which sources I’d miss.
        On my Theatre I miss these…….

IMG_0716

(On the beta) why do I have to change to the Radio icon on a different page to switch to Radio?
        Mostly I listen to my favourite station – it is ok to have to change to the Netradio icon below, if I want another station.
        But why not keep the B&O  Radio in (the music tab of) the new source list as in the previous version?

And where is Spotify Connect (which I use)…..is that one of the ‘now forbitten sources’/aka the “non-deterministic” sources.

P.S.
        And then there are – of course – the still missing linked sources (ML sources via the Converter)…..the Mozart platform issue!

MM

Stephen
        BRONZE Member
          • Switzerland

I dislike the beta version 5.4.1. It’s horrible and the changes from v5.3 seem unnecessary. And it doesn’t work well at all. I hate the ugly horizontal volume control;  the previous circular one was easier to use, especially for fine tuning the volume. It also looked much nicer.

Moreover, unlike previous versions of the app, there is no obvious way to access the play queue in v5.4. This is a significant reduction on the app’s functionality which I find inconvenient. I have reported these issue to B&O but all I get are polite replies from Support that they will inform their app developers. I have reinstalled v5.3.1 and will keep it until B&O fix this problem.

I use the app on iPhone and iPad, connected to my trusty old BeoSound Moment.

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
          BRONZE Member
            • Toronto, Canada

From a UX perspective the designers at B&O need to understand that when you choose another speaker to add to multi-room the first thing it does it make a big yellow bar fill up to the right of the volume bar which gives the impression that it is going to play at full volume.  It’s a really poorly done.

Sandyb
            BRONZE Member

What is confusing, regarding list of sources, is that from the initial beta (where there were hardly any sources of any type), the 5.4.1 update (at least for the Theatre), added back a lot – seemingly to mirror the 2 source lists we see under the TV/ Music BR1 buttons.

That was good – as a starting point at least, the app source list should be close to / the same as the BR1 remote list.

That all said, Mr. Anderson posted a sneak preview of the next update, and the screenshot again showed hardly any (only HDMI, it look like) sources.

Lets see what actually happens in the next beta – but I dont quite this back / forth re something as relatively straightforward as the app remote list.

I can’t speak for ML/NC converter sources etc, but as a starting point the app should mirror the TV/Music lists we have configured for our BR1’s.

I can’t see why the app should show something especially different.

Carolpa
              BRONZE Member

From a UX perspective the designers at B&O need to understand that when you choose another speaker to add to multi-room the first thing it does it make a big yellow bar fill up to the right of the volume bar which gives the impression that it is going to play at full volume. It’s a really poorly done.

Sorry, I disagree. I find this gives a easy to see, direct notification, which multiroom, one has selected. And the possibility of full volume didn’t even crossed my mind; for me it is just the selection off….

Carolpa
                BRONZE Member

I can’t speak for ML/NC converter sources etc, but as a starting point the app should mirror the TV/Music lists we have configured for our BR1’s. I can’t see why the app should show something especially different.

Doesn’t the BR1 (BT) follow the settings of the TV and not the opposite? Does a re-ordering in the BR1 change the source order in the TV?

ML/NL converter: for the moment I do have all the Line-In an CD sources available. A.Tape (A.Mem) and Phono (N.Radio) are missing.

Sandyb
                  BRONZE Member

agreed.

The full yellow bar is there only very very briefly, so I can’t see it as an issue.

Sandyb
                    BRONZE Member

Guessing you are not a Theatre owner? (forgive me if I am wrong)

All the settings are done through the app, nothing on the TV itself.

So within the app, once you have paired a BR1 to your Theatre, the separate settings section on Sources allows you to pick and order your Remote List – both under the BR1 TV and Music buttons.  It then syncs to the physical BR1, and works well, with changes made in the app reflected quickly on the handheld remote.

Relating back to my previous thread comments re this beta, the new app design should aim for the drop down source list ( at least for the Theatre) mirroring the Remote Lists that you have set in the app and are sync’d to the BR1, as a minimum starting point.

Carolpa
                      BRONZE Member

Guessing you are not a Theatre owner? (forgive me if I am wrong) All the settings are done through the app, nothing on the TV itself. So within the app, once you have paired a BR1 to your Theatre, the separate settings section on Sources allows you to pick and order your Remote List – both under the BR1 TV and Music buttons. It then syncs to the physical BR1, and works well, with changes made in the app reflected quickly on the handheld remote.

Actually  I own a Theatre. But I never thought of and noticed this feature and I was thinking of the Harmony while writing my response. So I learned something today .

Relating back to my previous thread comments re this beta, the new app design should aim for the drop down source list ( at least for the Theatre) mirroring the Remote Lists that you have set in the app and are sync’d to the BR1, as a minimum starting point.

Fair enough

YannChris
                        FOUNDER Member
                          • Brittany, France

So within the app, once you have paired a BR1 to your Theatre, the separate settings section on Sources allows you to pick and order your Remote List – both under the BR1 TV and Music buttons.  It then syncs to the physical BR1, and works well, with changes made in the app reflected quickly on the handheld remote.

Sandyb,

May you please explain how do you choose and change order of sources in the app?

Kind regards,

Yann.

Sandyb
                          BRONZE Member

Select the Theatre from the product main screen.

Click the 3 dots, top right corner to access settings.

Select Sources (if you are on the beta) – its called Source Startup Behaviour in the non-beta I think.

You can Edit the list there – including dragging items up and down, i.e to re-order the list. This is what is reflected / shown on your BR1.

As for the source list under the Now Playing app screen (black screen) – thats a moving beast, and whether the non-beta or the new beta version, there are no separate options to customise the list that shows there.

YannChris
                            FOUNDER Member
                              • Brittany, France

Thanks Sandyb.

Millemissen
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Flensborg————Danmark

I only see this option (of rearranging the lists) in the 5.4 beta, not in the previous 5.3 beta….which I use on the main iPad.

MM

YannChris
                                FOUNDER Member
                                  • Brittany, France

Hello MM,

I also use the 5.3 beta and followed the track shown by Sandyb. Here is what I found:

Tap the 3 dots to open the settings of the theatre.

Tap Beoremote (1st item of the list)

Tap the remote coupled with the Theatre

On the list at the bottom, tap “list of the remotes” or something like that.

It’s there.

Kind regards,

Yann.

dunkdomez
                                  BRONZE Member

I still miss the Tv input as an option. Since this is essential e.g. for parties when you want to listen to music and show some vids on the tv, without having to reselect the soundbar in the tv menu.

Millemissen
                                    BRONZE Member
                                      • Flensborg————Danmark

Hello MM, I also use the 5.3 beta and followed the track shown by Sandyb. Here is what I found: Tap the 3 dots to open the settings of the theatre. Tap Beoremote (1st item of the list) Tap the remote coupled with the Theatre On the list at the bottom, tap “list of the remotes” or something like that. It’s there. Kind regards, Yann.

Thanks Yann – of course you are right!
                                      I did not dig deep enough.
                                      That is how I organized my sources a year ago – and had forgotten all about it ?

MM

Millemissen
                                      BRONZE Member
                                        • Flensborg————Danmark

I still miss the Tv input as an option. Since this is essential e.g. for parties when you want to listen to music and show some vids on the tv, without having to reselect the soundbar in the tv menu.

Not sure I quite understand, what you want to do?
                                        Do you just want to activate the tv without engaging the Theatre (control- or soundwise)?

MM

Sandyb
                                        BRONZE Member

It seems to have subtly changed in 5.4.1 – tap the 3 dots still, but then you need to tap Sources (previously called Source Startup behaviour), and you can Edit and re-order there.

The option to tap Beoremote, select a paired remote, and chose “Remote List” has gone.

But no big deal, you can do all the same (with 5.4.1) under Sources, and any changes are reflected more or less immediately on your BR1.

Stephen
                                          BRONZE Member
                                            • Switzerland

I dislike the beta version 5.4.1. It’s horrible and the changes from v5.3 seem unnecessary. And it doesn’t work well at all. I hate the ugly horizontal volume control; the previous circular one was easier to use, especially for fine tuning the volume. It also looked much nicer. Moreover, unlike previous versions of the app, there is no obvious way to access the play queue in v5.4. This is a significant reduction on the app’s functionality which I find inconvenient. I have reported these issue to B&O but all I get are polite replies from Support that they will inform their app developers. I have reinstalled v5.3.1 and will keep it until B&O fix this problem. I use the app on iPhone and iPad, connected to my trusty old BeoSound Moment.

Update: According to B&O Support, the disappearance of the Play Queue in v5.4 affects only the BeoSound Moment. I guess that, since they decided for no apparent reason to discontinue the Moment shortly after it was released, it has  lower priority now. They have promised a fix but I have no idea when…

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 152 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.