Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoApp Bang & Olufsen App – Beta version 5.x.x.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    Millemissen
    BRONZE Member
      • Flensborg————Danmark

I rolled the beta on main iPad back to the previous version, but have the new on another iPad.
      It is still not good enough to use in my setup (with the NL/ML Converter/ML sources).

MM

YannChris
      FOUNDER Member
        • Brittany, France

Thanks MM,

I’ll wait.

MrAndersen
        BRONZE Member

Dear community

I have been reading your latest complaints and can tell we’re still not quite there. We still have some missing items in the source menu and I will look into bringing the essential ones back for you. MM if I could ask you to post a list of the ones you are missing?

A few words on my “non-deterministic” description in my previous post. It seemed to have caused some confusion. What I mean by this is that clicking this you don’t know what will happen, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. It depends on the state of the product. This has caused a lot of confusion and this is what we’re trying to get rid of.

Next steps

• This version will have to go out because it also contains a lot of other additions for example for the new Beolab 8. That doesn’t mean we’re done! We have a 5.4.1 already on the way and I will try to bring back your missing sources here.
          • Some sources will not come back, and we’re working on new and fast ways for you to access your favorite music and radio sources. Bear with us on this.
          • We are also working on a proper remote in the player for TV/Soundbar products that will have a much better UI for this use case.

I will encourage all of you that still don’t feel the 5.4 is ready for your use cases to stay on 5.3.1. You can do that by installing previous versions in testflight. 5.4.1 is right around the corner.

Many thanks for all your posts and your patience. Changing the core of the app is rough, but it is needed.

All the best

Thomas, Bang & Olufsen

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg————Danmark

Dear community I have been reading your latest complaints and can tell we’re still not quite there. We still have some missing items in the source menu and I will look into bringing the essential ones back for you.
            MM if I could ask you to post a list of the ones you are missing?
            All the best Thomas, Bang & Olufsen

Sure, although it should be obvious from my postings/the pictures on the previous page #24530/32

But here goes again.
            The example is my M5.
            As you see, that has two linked products:

IMG_0701

Which means that – depending in which sources from these you have ticked in the ‘lokal liste’ – they can show up in the list using the 3 dots (in the previous app version)

IMG_0700IMG_0699

(Please note that the list was too long for one screenshot).

So – even if there are some items there, that I haven’t asked for – I can access the local and the linked sources from the app…..and from the Beoremote of course.

With the new app it looks like this, when pushing the now arrow.

IMG_0035

I am sure you will understand why I have rolled back to the previous beta version on my main iPad (for testing the new beta I have that installed on a secondary iPad).

As mentioned earlier, I am aware that you – as of now – can not link products to the Theatre (or to any other Mozart product for that matter).
            Which means that linked sources (e.g. my CD player through the Converter) will not show up there.
            But this is another – not directly app related – problem!

For the Theatre it looks like this with the new beta app:

IMG_0036

And with the old beta:

IMG_0688

In my case I use only sources of the Theatre, those connected through the Theatre/HDMI, as well as the tuner and the media player of the LG.
            These are visible in the old app.
            In the new I have lots of ‘things’, I haven’t asked for/do not need there.

Feel free to ask for more details.
            And thank you for participating in this thread ?

MM

YannChris
            FOUNDER Member
              • Brittany, France

To Mr Andersen,

As an addition to MM’s answer, here is the list of sources available in one of my products.

My setup includes Theatre and Core, NL/ML Converter and Beocenter 2..

By the way, it would be great if the source list could be manually ordered.

Kind regards,

Yann.

2023-10-11 IMG_2923 - 2023-10-11 IMG_2924 - 2023-10-11 IMG_2925 - 2023-10-11 IMG_2926 - 2023-10-11 IMG_2927 -

Carolpa
              BRONZE Member

strange enough, despite the latest sw version , I only get “Line in” as source on all and “usb”, “optical” on some of my devices.

but this leave me with the question, what is the latest beta sw version?

Millemissen
                BRONZE Member
                  • Flensborg————Danmark

According to my Testflight it is this:

IMG_0703

MM

Carolpa
                  BRONZE Member

thx MM
                    exact the same version, but no sources visible: see examples

20231012_150637000_iOS20231012_150620000_iOS20231012_150651000_iOS

beolab 28                       BS  Balance                    BS35

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Toronto, Canada

I am having the same issue with only line in appearing for my Essence.  No options for B&O radio anymore.

Millemissen
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Flensborg————Danmark

Seems you get only the internal physical sources with the new beta.
                        And not the built-in like Netradio etc……….I wonder if these are the mysterious “non-deterministic” sources ;-(

With the Theatre you also get the sources of the LG-tv.

MM

Carolpa
                        BRONZE Member

Seems you get only the internal physical sources with the new beta. And not the built-in like Netradio etc……….I wonder if these are the mysterious “non-deterministic” sources ;-( With the Theatre you also get the sources of the LG-tv. MM

I do have to adjust my previous remark: I have available sources visible for the Theatre

SaltineSurfer
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Eastbourne, UK

I also only have Line In as an available source on my ASE speakers after this update on my iPhone. B&O support seem unaware of the issue, suggesting deleting the app, and re-installing it! The new app clearly hasn’t been tested on ASE devices. There is also no TV remote for my Beovision 11.

YannChris
                            FOUNDER Member
                              • Brittany, France

Brrr!

This looks like a very difficult moment with Moment’s bugs!

Yann.

Hiort
                              BRONZE Member

The new app clearly hasn’t been tested on ASE devices. There is also no TV remote for my Beovision 11.

Strange…
                                I have remote for my BV11 on the app… version 5.4.0.23100370349 and used on iPhone 12 Pro.

BRONZE Member
                                  • Toronto, Canada

So version 5.4.1 just came out and it is still a total disaster and I’ll be downgrading.

It isn’t showing sources properly at all.

A9 shows nothing but 2 line inputs (Why 2?) and no option for B&O radio or anything else.

My essence shows only line in.

My Theatre shows online USB C line in.

Carolpa
                                  BRONZE Member

So version 5.4.1 just came out and it is still a total disaster and I’ll be downgrading. It isn’t showing sources properly at all. A9 shows nothing but 2 line inputs (Why 2?) and no option for B&O radio or anything else. My essence shows only line in. My Theatre shows online USB C line in.

I now do have some sources, but not all. For example al cd-players are shown (cd9000, cd3000 and cd7000). But other sources of my Beosystem 7000 or Beosound 3000 are not shown.
                                    I find it a step forward…….. most (essential) sources are reachable.

Note: on all devices B&o Radio is accessible! In the main menu choose for example the A9, then start a station on the B&o radio (right below icon in main menu); the same for music (Deezer or dlna)

a RENAME function of all the Line In sources should be considered

gbertsch
                                    BRONZE Member

I also do not see any streaming sources on my Theatre, A9 and Cores.

I thought this was to be fixed in 5.4 1 but I guess not?

Sandyb
                                      BRONZE Member

you should see something like the below now.

Which is, as a starting point, a big improvement.

At least now the drop down source list mirrors the TV/Music buttons on your BR1 (not talking about ML sources etc).

IMG_0942

gbertsch
                                        BRONZE Member

That is under TV for Theatre, how about under Music? Again, with Beoplay A9 and Cores, no streaming Music Services exist.

BRONZE Member
                                            • Toronto, Canada

So you can run iPad apps on your Mx Mac which is normally what I do with the B&O app.  It used to work fine but with this new official release it looks and functions like a total disaster.

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 12.20.18 PM

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 152 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.