Bang And Olufsen Repair In Chicago

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    beosino
    BRONZE Member

Any one have a recommendation for B&O repair in Chicago?  Im having issues with a beolab 5

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by beosino.
      Keith Saunders
      Administrator
        • Hampshire, England

You don’t say what kind of issues you are having with your Beolab 5?

Based on the B&O web site there are only two partner company’s in Illinois with one in Chicago and you can get the address and phone details HERE

beosino
        BRONZE Member

Poping, crackling noise, intermitted.  Its the speaker 100, these partners don’t do repairs.  thank you for your time

trackbeo
          BRONZE Member

This has been a problem in Chicago ever since B&O distribution moved to New York.  But aren’t partners required to be able to send out a repair, even if they cannot fix anything themselves?  So there must be someone they use, try asking it that way.  For example, BeoBoston store uses Atlantic Systems in Hanover, MA.  Alas, mail-away requires that you be able to extract the amplifier chassis yourself.  Maybe the OH store?  (Was rumored to be related to the Chicago store when that closed.)  Whoever they use, at least it’s closer than MA or CA.  Good luck and please post your result for others! [Edit: No, forget Cincinnati, a $500 diagnostic fee!  Applies to the repairs of course, but you can bet nothing will be less than $1000 as a result of sunk-cost psychology.  Sheesh, I remember when Atlantic Systems started charging $50 minimums just to keep out the riff-raff and non-repairable junk…]

BeoTool
            BRONZE Member

To follow up on trackbeo’s recommendations, you might try calling/emailing B&O support — tell them you’re in the Chicago area and need repair work for you B&O product that’s under warranty.  Ask them who they recommend for warranty work.

Stan
              BRONZE Member

I had a problem with my Eclipse while still under warranty.  Opened a case with B&O, they said “go to your dealer” .  I said “dealer no longer sells B&O”. They sent me to the Cincinnati store as it is the closest. Many emails and long waiting, parts were sent and a repair man showed up at my home and fixed it (replaced the screen).  In talking with the repair guy, turns out he was a former trainer for B&O who lived in the area.  So, in the end, they figured it out.  If you’re not under warranty, I don’t know what they will do.

Stan
                BRONZE Member

Not that it helps, but there used to be a really good repair place in suburban Chicago.  He fixed my BS9000 and BS5 after a lightening strike.  He was going to do some work on my BL1, but I never got around to getting it to him he closed. Hermit Labs RIP.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Stan. Reason: BS1 -> BL1
                  Stan
                  BRONZE Member

Did you find someone to repair your speakers?

My BS9000 just started having problems.  It turns on and kind of clicks with only the red dot showing.  Ignores remote and button commands, except the open glass door button works 🙁

beosino
                    BRONZE Member

Yes thank you to every one, I decided to go with authorized repair in Ohio.  Expensive as hell but very nice guy that seems to know what he is doing.  You may want to text before calling

Stan
                      BRONZE Member

Thanks.  I’m not in a big hurry to fix it so maybe I will wait to see how things turn out for you.  Please post any further positive or negative experiences.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.