Balance and DNLA via BS5/BM5

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Balance and DNLA via BS5/BM5

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Stan.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stan
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 17
      • Total Posts 180

I took advantage of the recent sale and bought a pair of Balances.  I really like them, and I can now, at times, hear a bothersome difference between lossless and Spotify.  No, I’m not going to claim it’s a life a changing difference, but it’s enough that it’s noticeable to me on certain well recorded music.  Therefore, I’ve been listening to more lossless music stored on my BM5 via DLNA than Spotify.

I’ve run into two problems that maybe someone can help me with.

1. Some songs don’t play to completion.  It is often just the 1st 10 seconds.  This occurs on both the Balances and older, non-Mozart devices (and a VLC app on my phone).  Does anyone know how to rebuild the music server metadata on the BS5/BM5?  These same tracks play fine played directly using the BS5 so the media files must be OK.  It’s consistent behavior so I don’t think it’s a networking issue.  That makes me think DLNA has bad metadata.
      2. The Balances will only play a single song, then stop.  If I’m watching the app, it shows the cover art of the song that is finishing, then shows the Balance picture.  If I hit “play” again in the app, the next song will play (and its cover art will display).  It’s annoying, but I’ve found a workaround:  I play the album with an older device (muted), then network link the Balances to it.  I’m assuming this is just a limitation of Mozart, but I haven’t heard anyone else complain about it so maybe it is peculiar to my setup.  Then again, I don’t see DLNA as a supported source on the B&O website so maybe I’m lucky it’s working this much?  Thoughts?

I might have to dust off my Deezer subscription and see if it sounds any better than Spotify.

Thanks in advance,

Stan

Carolpa
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 6
        • Total Posts 258

when the dlna capabilities arrived to my Balance, I had a simular issue.

a software update has solved this though.

But actually I don’t know the actual status. I will check.

Carolpa
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 6
          • Total Posts 258

Checked:

I tried a DNLA music playlist. The Balance kept on continuing to play the next track in the queue.

Note: did you start the first track in the playlist/album screen? or did you start the triangle above the tracks

Stan
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 17
            • Total Posts 180

I have been hitting the triangle above the album song list, but I get the same behavior if I select the 1st song.

Most of my songs are WMA lossless which the BM5 transcodes to FLAC.  With most (maybe all, I haven’t been paying close attention to this until just now), only the 1st 10 seconds of the 1st song plays.  Then, it stops.  Then I hit play and the next song plays.  Then it stops, etc.

I get similar behavior with MP3 and FLAC files, except these formats will play the 1st song in the album (then stop, etc.).

This works fine with my non-Mozart Beosounds (1st Gen BS2, BS1 GVA, Essence Mk2).

Stan
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 17
              • Total Posts 180

BTW, I don’t have any DLNA playlists.  Not even sure how to create them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.