Bad sound from Beovision Theatre watching tv

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Marc
      • Topics Started 13
      • Total Posts 35

Hi guys. My dealer installed the Theatre this week. Watching tv the sound is really bad at this moment. Not loud and almost no bass. Watching National Geographic sound level is 50 and hardly noticeable. Watching movie through Kodi sounds good. Had a Stage before this and that sounded much fuller and bassier. Bass level set to 3 but bass was set to 10!! watching Harry Potter on TV and I could not notice any bass, just a tiny bit. Is that normal? One thing I have to mention is that the dealer did not change the hdmi arc cable that was used for the Stage. Could it be that I need a hdmi eArc cable to get better sound while watching TV? Or is there a setting that I am missing? Please help me guys. Do not know what to do.

Marc
        • Topics Started 13
        • Total Posts 35

Ps. My setup is a LG cx 65 inch. 2x Beolab 28.

2 listening positions, only Theatre and Theatre and Beolabs.

Mr10Percent
          • Topics Started 8
          • Total Posts 456

There could be lots of things wrong in terms of setting and user configuration. There’s not enough there to really help you specifically. Your hardware should have more than ample bass – even at neutral settings – so genuine concern

The Theatre has a high-speed eArc cable supplied. Ask why they never used it – you paid for it. The old stage cable should go with the stage.

Check you are not in Night mode – that may make a difference.

Check Listening positions >> Select one >> Speakers Included >> Bass Management (120hz)

Check Sound modes >> Select One (movie) >> Advanced >> Check if anything is wrong here (hard to do as reference is not easy)

Failing everything, contemplate doing a complete factory re-set of the Theatre and re-build from scratch?

Marc
            • Topics Started 13
            • Total Posts 35

I ch everything you mentioned. All settings are correct so my next question is, could it be the hdmi cable I am using from the Stage? I think they left it there because it was convenient? Cou the earc cable do the trick watching TV?

Themanthemyth
              • Topics Started 2
              • Total Posts 16

Question is, how does it sound for music?

Marc
                • Topics Started 13
                • Total Posts 35

Much better but cannot say that the Theatre is very bassy. Beolabs are much bassier.

Themanthemyth
                  • Topics Started 2
                  • Total Posts 16

Sounds weird, looking forward to hearing the Stage at home..

Mr10Percent
                    • Topics Started 8
                    • Total Posts 456

Get the Dealer to come in and fix the problem. You are clearly not happy and you paid the dealer some big cash for this. Make it warranty claim/non-satisfactory item claim.

Marc
                      • Topics Started 13
                      • Total Posts 35

Guys, crisis resolved. Last night I watched Deadpool 2 on TV and that made all the difference. It’s a movie not that old and the bass was fenomenale. I even had to set it to 2 because higher was too much for our living room. The bass was deep and full, absolutely lovely. Really happy now. Guess my TV channels weren’t the best I watched before but now I know what the Theatre is capable of. So guy sorry if I reacted too soon and made a drama out of nothing. Just to be sure I will replace the cable from the Stage with a hdmi 2.1 earc cable and also the one coming from the Nvidia Shield. Only the best from now. So guys, thank you for the comments and info.

Audiophile
                        • Topics Started 1
                        • Total Posts 4

With me the problem is not as bad as you describe, but the theatre only works in 6th gear with Dolby content. But when it does, it does. Music works perfectly but older movies can come over “unsynced”.

Marc
                          • Topics Started 13
                          • Total Posts 35

True.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds