Avant 55 – Digital Video Engine Problem – Price Update

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    aldunn15
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 2

Good Morning Guys,

I guess this is more of an information post for future users rather than a question or opinion.

I have owned my Beovision Avant 55″ since 2015 and just after 3 years into ownership the dreaded purple static screen appeared upon starting the TV. As many may know this a consequence of the Digital Video Engine Board becoming Faulty.

Luckily the B&O Store recognised that as the TV had just fallen out of warranty and repaired the fault out of Goodwill but I never understood how expensive it cost to repair – I assumed being B&O that it would have costed around…. A LOT!

Four years on and lots of enjoyment from my B&O TV and panic and fear struck again and the Pinky purple static screen has returned. Immediately anxiety had kicked in thinking how much this will cost to fix and will the cost be so high – resulting in the repair costs outweighing the price of the TV!

After researching the internet and forums it seems the majority of posts suggest figures of £1000-£1300, I even called a B&O reseller who said he had a second hand Video Engine board that he could replace for mine with for £850 – (Cash)

Even on eBay i found a second Hand Video Engine up for £550.00 so god knows what a new one would cost directly from B&O!!!

However when finally getting a price from an official B&O Service Center to my surprise i had the below Invoice;

Parts (Video Engine) – £169.87 Inc Vat

Labour + Call Out –      £300 Inc VAT 

Now to me this almost sounds cheap after all the previously searched prices and to know its a brand new part from B&O and fully installed by a B&O Technician gives faith.

The prices over the years may have come down dramatically due to age or B&O have finally recognised that the part is an ongoing issue and lowered the price……. Who knows!

So apologies for the long winded Post but I thought it be best practice to share this information & hopefully save someone the anxiety and potential money to buy a new TV when in-fact its not as expensive as the internet would suggest.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds