Adding Beolab 11 to a pair of Beosound level

Home Forums Adding Beolab 11 to a pair of Beosound level

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,

I’ve just purchased a pair of Beosound Levels and aiming to use them as paired speakers in one room (most of the time). I want to add my Beolab 11 to the set to help the BS-Levels with the deeper sound registers.

I know that I can wire the BL11’s Powerlink-outs (left and right) to the BS-levels, but that would mean that I can’t send back signal from BS-Levels to BL11 and make it work with the BS-Levels if I, for example, want to use the BS-Levels sources, (Deezer, Spotify, TuneIn, etc.).

I assume this means that I somehow have to introduce BL11 in the network on its own and have it play with the BS-Levels. This is, of course, a more appropriate solution, but I don’t know which is the best solution.

For example, would a Beosound Essence MKII or Beosound Core work? Will, there be delays in the sound in such a system? will Exxence or Core work seamlessly with BS-Levels, given that they are not based on the same Mozart platform and differ in capabilities?

Or is there a way to extract the signal from BS-Levels (obviously, paired BS-levels have to share information)?

Or will adding a Chromecast-Audio to BL11 solve the problem? In this case, will I be able to see the BL11- in the list of choosable devices in the B&O-app?

Or, is there a simpler or more elegant solution to this problem?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.