A question for Geoff Martin on BL8000 Damping…

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    mojofml
      • Topics Started 8
      • Total Posts 25
      Thank you for this!
      I have a stupid question (I’m new to this) – how important is it to use the original damping foam parts from b&o? Will it make a significant difference to the sound quality? To me it just looks like foam that I can potentially source elsewhere, or at least something very similar. Is there any easy alternative someone can suggest that I can use? Someone mentioned in another forum they used a magic eraser.
      I called my local B&O dealer (in Hong Kong), they explicitly said they do not sell parts individually. Also, what’s shown in the picture doesn’t look like what was in my original beolab 6000, hence the question
      Here’s what my original foam looks like:
      Thank you!

Your dealer should be to order the foam for your BL 6000 as a spare part from B&O. In this auction can you see the number ….. https://www.ebay.de/itm/154203121920?hash=item23e738e900:g:O1IAAOSwSXFdpIDw good luck

Beozip
        • Topics Started 2
        • Total Posts 61

Your original black foam is exactly the same poison foam as in the old BL8000 and damage your BL6000.

The new white foam in my pic makes your BL6000 happy again.

I dont know if an other foam better or the same working in your BL but I think the original is the best. When your dealer would your BL repair so he takes the original from B&O.

You can try an other dealer to send you the spare foam. Maybe he is more flexible with you.

good luck

YannChris
          • Brittany, France
          • Topics Started 38
          • Total Posts 190

Not relevant reply, sorry.

YannChris
            • Brittany, France
            • Topics Started 38
            • Total Posts 190

Hi Beoworlders,

That’s it, my BL 8000 are now finished:

After an extensive cleaning following Matador’s tutorial:

-New damping material placed,

-Foam tape exchanged with Beobuddy’s supply,

-Bushings of the main transformers exchanged by new ones supplied by Beoparts (part number RP-008  proposed for BL Penta, 3000, 4500, 5000).

They shine like new!!!

My warmest thanks to all contributors of this brilliant thread,

Yann.

HarryIV
              • Topics Started 0
              • Total Posts 1

I just got a set of foam from the nearest b&o dealer. It was no problem to just order the part. They charge €15 a piece. So you should not try to fabricate it your self for that price.

mojofml
                • Topics Started 8
                • Total Posts 25

I just got a set of foam from the nearest b&o dealer. It was no problem to just order the part. They charge €15 a piece. So you should not try to fabricate it your self for that price.

Wow that’s great! Wish the Hong Kong b&o dealer would offer the same, and price is very reasonable

jaspers1996
                  • Topics Started 0
                  • Total Posts 1

Where’s that? Can’t for the life of me find a supplier in Belgium. Only option seems the be the one seller on eBay who charges 60 euros a piece now

Beobuddy
                    • Topics Started 4
                    • Total Posts 66

Foam for the BL8000’s aren’t manufactured or on stock anymore. So, find yourself a set at a dealer who’s willing to sell you (tricky question when they know they can’t order anymore)

Carolpa
                      • Topics Started 8
                      • Total Posts 196

Where’s that? Can’t for the life of me find a supplier in Belgium. Only option seems the be the one seller on eBay who charges 60 euros a piece now

https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/audio-tv-en-foto/overige-audio-tv-en-foto/m1984313078-set-dempmateriaal-beolab-8000-bang-olufsen

ask him for his best price.

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds