A new flagship product for the 100th anniversary of B&O?

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions A new flagship product for the 100th anniversary of B&O?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Severed_hand_of_skywalker
    BRONZE Member
      • Toronto, Canada
      • Topics Started 8
      • Total Posts 217

For the 90th they just released some key speakers in rose gold which were actually really nice.

Carolpa
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 6
        • Total Posts 249

Beosound/Beolab with AI – a system with its own mind.

Steph
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 9
          • Total Posts 42

In 2025, B&O will celebrate its 100th anniversary.
          Remember, in 2015, B&O unveiled the incredible Beolab 90 loudspeakers.
          What will be the flagship in 2025? A new TV, a new sound system, a new recreated product?
          What do you think?

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg————Danmark
            • Topics Started 21
            • Total Posts 1,045

A fully working BS Theater………with all new ‘satellite’ speakers for surround/rear/height ?

MM

Mr10Percent
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 9
              • Total Posts 511

I was very fortunate to be able to participate in B&Os 90th anniversary with my BL90s. However, I doubt if I can or want to participate in a pair of BL100’s?

BL90s took 3 years to develop and bring to market and remain one of their more expensive offerings. The BeoPlay95s were a bit “meh”. I dont think spending huge resources on a BL100 is merit worthy, nor something with a short life-cycle like earphones or a TV or a Beosound is the way forward. It should be something that has the potential to last another 100years where quality out-shines any technological advancement.

I do think a Beogram would be a good candidate as a 100yr anniversary offering. It represents a good span of their existence, it can be electronically simple and robust, infinitely repairable/serviceable and made to a traditional high material quality. It also allows a much larger participation of customers. It needs to be limited (1000’s – not 10’s or 100’s) and hopefully, the first of a new class of products in the 21stCen.

Mr10Percent
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 9
                • Total Posts 511

A fully working BS Theater………with all new ‘satellite’ speakers for surround/rear/height ? MM

They are saving that for the 110yr anniversary

alebouthillier
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 2
                  • Total Posts 8

Might be a renewed Beolab 5 from what I heard…This would be great news.

Millemissen
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Flensborg————Danmark
                    • Topics Started 21
                    • Total Posts 1,045

A fully working BS Theater………with all new ‘satellite’ speakers for surround/rear/height ? MM

I was wrong….
                    …..we have already had that ?

So it must be something else ?

MM

Yossi
                    BRONZE Member
                      • France ??
                      • Topics Started 2
                      • Total Posts 41

an awesome app for controlling B&O products with a clever interface design ? ??

andy_js
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Topics Started 4
                        • Total Posts 26

I would like to see them produce a new turntable and think that one could be quite profitable for them if they did, but I expect they will release a 100” beovision (for €100,000) and slap themselves on the back for a job well done.

Steph
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Topics Started 9
                          • Total Posts 42

I was wrong…. …..we have already had that ? So it must be something else ? MM

In a YouTube video about the Beosound Theatre last year, B&O say they were working on a range of wireless satellite speakers. The customer could choose the size, the performance…
                          Do you think it’s the Beolab 8 ?

matteventu
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Topics Started 0
                            • Total Posts 79

an awesome app for controlling B&O products with a clever interface design ? ??

Haha this made me chuckle. The UI app from 5 years ago was miles better than the crap we have now, sadly.

Might be a renewed Beolab 5 from what I heard…This would be great news.

This is a good point, I remember reading (can’t remember where) that apparently B&O HQ was buying a lot of used Beolab 5…

Mr10Percent
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Topics Started 9
                              • Total Posts 511

My gut feeling is the BeoConnect Core (BC Core) has a lot more features under the hood that B&O have not told us about on release (though WISA is not one of them) and  who knows if these features will get rolled out over time? I think it is a capable device but won’t be allowed to cannibalise other products in the current line-up.

However, back on topic, nice that the new core is……no way should it be considered a 100 year anniversary product.

Mr10Percent
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Topics Started 9
                                • Total Posts 511

This is a good point, I remember reading (can’t remember where) that apparently B&O HQ was buying a lot of used Beolab 5…

yes, very lazy from B&O;

1. Buy back all the junk BL5s with busted or near-busted chassis.
                                2. probably re-cap them and maybe a new Eprom
                                3. Add new speaker drivers
                                4. Re-cloth the frets
                                5. Spin a few new lens covers in a Limited Edition Colour

i.e. all the stuff they have been charging B&O customers for years for repairs and parts on the BL5 and sell it to the Arty High-Net-Worth individuals at x10 the price of new.

Money for old rope I’d say.

Sandyb
                                BRONZE Member
                                  • Topics Started 1
                                  • Total Posts 379

Agreed, and thats my best guess as to what they’ll do with the BL5s. Package the refurbished 5s with something and sell them for 40-50k.

We’re not far from getting the “re-imagined” BS9000, packaged with BL28s (with ltd edition curtains) for 50k.  So I think we know the game now….

DT79
                                  BRONZE Member
                                    • Topics Started 5
                                    • Total Posts 56

I know, and by no means am I saying that the type of product I suggest should be the only or even the main thing, I just think it would be a nice nod to their legacy, and the many owners/fans who are not necessarily UHNWIs.

Millemissen
                                    BRONZE Member
                                      • Flensborg————Danmark
                                      • Topics Started 21
                                      • Total Posts 1,045

The acoustic lens – as on the 5’s – is a thing of the past.

They bought the BL5’s to have spares for the 5’s that are doomed to fail sooner or later.
                                      I am pretty sure they want to be prepared for quick service of those.

A revisited BL5 is not on my horizon.

MM

sk8man
                                      BRONZE Member
                                        • Topics Started 0
                                        • Total Posts 3

Those Beolab 90s were mind-blowing back in 2015! Personally, I’m hoping for something revolutionary, maybe a groundbreaking TV or a next-gen sound system.

DT79
                                        BRONZE Member
                                          • Topics Started 5
                                          • Total Posts 56

Wouldn’t it have been nice if,  for the 100th anniversary, they’d created the Beosound Core, but made it all that it could have been (Wisa, multichannel, more inputs (both normal and B&O), active room compensation… no doubt other things) and sold it for the going rate that such a device might go for. That would be a wonderful way to honour longstanding owners of legacy and vintage B&O products, enabling them to bring them bang up to the minute in terms of control and integration.

It needn’t even be the only thing they do for their 100th anniversary, but it would a classy gesture and a nice change from recent form.

Sadly I agree though, it will be a drool-worthily lovely product, artificially inflated in price to make it even more exclusive that it otherwise would be.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions A new flagship product for the 100th anniversary of B&O?

• You must be logged in to create new topics.