Reply To: Beolab 5. When you need help with your ICE module

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Beolab 5. When you need help with your ICE module Reply To: Beolab 5. When you need help with your ICE module

Beobuddy
GOLD Member
    • Topics Started 5
    • Total Posts 84

Hi @beobuddy, One more observation from my side. If speaker that exhibits unstable behaviour is cold (in power down state) and I power up whole audio system it works as expected. There are no issues with reacting for commands from Beosound. Issues starts to appear when speaker runs for number of hours and I guess its guts to higher temperature. Is there a chance that some sort of thermal paste that should be present between components and their heatsinks is gone after 15+ years and this causes some issues? Any guidance is highly appreciated. Thanks for your time, Henryk

Temperature is an issue, but not due to old thermal past. If the BL5 doesn’t respond to instructions, then it is most likely caused by the processor on the DSP board. And that is a challenge as the processors on mk2 and mk3 are covered by a layer of resin or some sort of.