Reply To: Beosound 9000 IR repair, PCB 14.

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beosound 9000 IR repair, PCB 14. Reply To: Beosound 9000 IR repair, PCB 14.

Madskp
GOLD Member
    • Denmark
    • Topics Started 39
    • Total Posts 972

A little input that might get you further.

The SMD electrolytic capacitors (canned style) are fairly easy to remove by twisting them with a pair of tweezer while at the same time pushing in against the PCB. With this method the legs will separate from the can, and the risk of ripping PCB traces are minimal. Afterwards the legs can be desoldered from the PCB.

Soldering in new SMD electrolytic cap on the other hand is a pain in the *** as the legs are underneath the cap, and there is almost no place to get the tip of a soldering iron in. I did it on my Ouverture laser PCB, but would go another way today.

The alternative could maybe be ceramic SMD caps. I have seen retro computer entuisiasts use them instead of electrolytic caps on old computer PCB’s.

What I dont know is if you would loose any properties of the electrolytic cap which might be essential in this circiut, and if you can get any in the correct value.

But the SMD ceramic cap would be far easier to solder on in my opinion