Reply To: Beosounds – when to replace onboard backup battery?

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Beosounds – when to replace onboard backup battery? Reply To: Beosounds – when to replace onboard backup battery?

Guy
    • Warwickshire, UK
    • Topics Started 15
    • Total Posts 1,355

Battery life may also depend on how the unit has been used.  My mother-in-law and I both have BC9500s of similar age.  She used to turn hers off at the wall power switch every night, and her battery failed about 10 years ago.  Mine is still going strong (or at least it was when I put it in a box about 2 years ago!).  So I guess the battery has to work a bit harder if it is compensating for lack of mains power more frequently, or for longer periods overall.

But I agree with madskp – something else is likely to fail before the battery so just replace while it is dismantled.  Plus the BC2300 and similar models are far easier to replace then BC9500.

I plan to replace batteries in my BC9500 and second BC2300 in the coming weeks when I give them a quick clean and service. I was also going to do the same for my two BeoSound 1s, but they are working well in daily use so I am hesitant to start poking around inside – not even sure where the battery is!