Reply To: Beolab 50: Ideal BS 9000 and Beoconnect Core Setup Advice

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beolab 50: Ideal BS 9000 and Beoconnect Core Setup Advice Reply To: Beolab 50: Ideal BS 9000 and Beoconnect Core Setup Advice

doubleola
BRONZE Member
    • Topics Started 2
    • Total Posts 9

@Sandyb, Thanks for the quick reply. Great to know the WISA  capabilities of the 50’s can be combined with wired with caveat of manual switching needed in the App or Halo remote as shown below.

halo_0176hao2_0175

One question I still have is if I need the current BS Core or new Beoconnect Core in the mix at all  if I connect the ML output of the BS9000 to my newly acquired  ML/NL converter which also has Powerlink and RCA inputs. Seems I may get better access and remote control of the BS 9000 CD and Beogram. From what I heard I can then program buttons into Halo via Beoliving intelligence to activate BS 9000 functions and Beogram.

The only advantage I see with new Beoconnect core is inclusion of Tidal Connect and USB direct to 50’s but my Roon Nucleus already provides Tidal to 50’s via USB direct and much higher quality Airplay than current BS Core to other speakers on the network.

Regarding the upgrade to higher end streamer/ DAC like the Linn Select with Katalyst DAC. Is the difference considerably noticeable to the ears be worth investing down the line based on your experience? Does volume control present challenges ?