Reply To: BeoSound 9000: no spinning & test mode result [SOLVED]

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound BeoSound 9000: no spinning & test mode result [SOLVED] Reply To: BeoSound 9000: no spinning & test mode result [SOLVED]

KolfMAKER
BRONZE Member
    • The Netherlands
    • Topics Started 28
    • Total Posts 228

I have disassembled the laser/lens/mirror unit, and did a cleaning according to the instructions by japcast in his video on Youtube. By the way, this is a great instruction video!

I did find after disassembly and uncovering the mirror, that it was very dirty. Look for yourself:

BS9K - Mirror 3 - Before

After cleaning and re-assembly I did a CD play test, unfortunately with still the same error as when I started.

After that I did a TestMode run #27 again. Interestingly with some different results than when I did this run before cleaning. Here’s the differences:

Before cleaning:

• NO ML ERROR
    • 1 IIC ERR104 = The 35IC2 motor processor
    • 1 CD ERR 2 = Focus error, it has not been possible to find focus.
    • NO SER ERROR
    • 1 SLG ERR 31 = microprocessor 35IC2 cannot register pulses from 9PE1.
    • NO PLT ERROR
    • 1 APS ERROR 15 = it has taken more than 5 seconds to carry out auto positioning. The turntable motor driver might be defective.

After cleaning:

• NO ML ERROR
    • NO IIC ERR
    • 1 CD ERR 2 = Focus error, it has not been possible to find focus.
    • NO SER ERROR
    • NO SLG ERR
    • NO PLT ERROR
    • NO APS ERROR

So, it’s positive that most errors are gone. Though a pity that it still doesn’t play.

My questions

1. I guess there is only one thing left; replacing the laser/lens/mirror unit. Correct, or are there still other possibilities?
    2. If I need to order a replacement laser/lens/mirror unit, where can I find it? And where can I trust it is the right one and working? (I need it for a BS9000 MK2, type 2561)