Reply To: Beosound Ouverture CD not working

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Beosound Ouverture CD not working Reply To: Beosound Ouverture CD not working

Guy
    • Warwickshire, UK
    • Topics Started 15
    • Total Posts 1,355

So after a month of not working on my BC2300 I have today dug out my soldering iron and replaced the CD driver board capacitors.

Board after removal of SMDs:

IMG_8335

And with the new capacitors, all Panasonic apart from the (blue) 330 uF which is a VISHAY.  I had to be very careful to orientate the capacitors so that they do not interfere with the CD laser movement.  The large VISHAY was tricky and I had to bend both legs into an L-shape in the same direction, soldering the hidden +ve foot first and then bending it forward to solder the -ve lead.  It now fits nicely into a groove in the side of the CD mechanism.

IMG_8336

And guess what?  I put it back together and it works, and for more than 20 minutes this time!!  It is a Good Friday!  ?

IMG_8338

Note the picture of Beoworld member yachadm’s soldered CD board on the PC screen behind which was used for inspiration (although I orientated a couple of my capacitors in different directions), and many thanks to madskp and Dillen for their help and encouragement.  I have left the new Beoparts laser fitted but will keep the one that I removed (as it is probably serviceable) for future repairs of other kit.

I will be giving the BC2300 an extended test before full re-assembly, and potentially do the other jobs (belts, adjustment of display brightness and battery replacement).

EDIT:  Links to capacitors used, for reference:

330uF

100uF

47uF