Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision DVB-HD T/C mk1 – latest version Reply To: DVB-HD T/C mk1 – latest version

Guy
    • Warwickshire, UK

I am assuming I can ask for ‘the most recent list of PUC codes’ as long as I check the specific codes I need are included? (I’ve never had a B&O home visit before.)

I am not sure if there is a limit to the number of PUC codes that can be uploaded so best to check with the dealer. I have also never had a home visit; my first BV6 was purchased from Darren of Timeless AV and he uploaded my requested codes before sending me the TV.

The Youview box does have a scart output and I think I’ll have to stick with that, both for the reason you highlighted above regarding PUC use but also because my humble BV6 is an old one. It’s a type 9202 running SW2.3.

Yes I would stick with SCART – the type 9202 is a BV6-22 so with that screen size SCART will be absolutely fine.

When I connect a Firestick via a Prozor HDMI 3-in-1-out with audio extractor and HDMI/DVI adapter it pops up a thin blue strip across the screen stating that no DVI input can be found or that the device is incompatible

That does sound like an HDCP problem. Some of the hdmi audio extractors remove the hdcp, but if you are happy with SCART then I wouldn’t bother trying to investigate further. HDCP is a bit hit and miss, and mostly the latter!

Now what is interesting here is that although there are many posts to the contrary, when I first connected my BV7-40mk5 to this little BV6 with a masterlink cable I was able to see and hear picture and sound from the inbuilt terrestrial tuner, the bluray player (yes) and the firestick (connected by HDMI to the BV7).
    The picture was not high definition, of course, but the image and accompanying sound was there.
    Now if only a 25m long masterlink cable wasn’t so expensive I would be tempted to set up a link system from the living room to the kitchen.

I did find an option within the BV7’s settings which provides the option to turn HDCP off for use with projectors, but at the time of testing this the feature was not activated. I wondered if this may have been the enabler which allowed various digital pictures to be shared with the little BV6 screen.

I also discovered something similar. I connected my BV10-32 to one of my BV6s with masterlink and co-ax cables, and it was able to distribute the picture even from Freeview HD channels, and from the Apple TV connected to hdmi. I agree that there are many posts that say that the distribution of digital sources is not possible! You could look out for second hand ML cable, but to be honest unless I wanted further functionality (eg CD and radio from a main room to the BV6) I probably wouldn’t bother with such a set up.

PS:  Top tip:  When replying and quoting another User, if you click the ‘Text’ tab above the reply box you can make sure that the quotes are indented and labelled as above – then click ‘Visual’ again to check formatting before pressing ‘Submit’.  Keith did post about this but I think many users missed it!