Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound BeoSound Core Streaming Resolution

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    BeoMatthew
    BRONZE Member

I can’t seem to find a detailed answer on this…

1. The BeoSound Core seems to be capable of handling 24/96 FLAC files.
      2. Chromecast also seems to be capable of handling 24/96 FLAC files.
      3. Tidal has plenty of 24/96 files (or other high-res formats).

However when I cast to my Core, the resolution drops to 16/44!

Is this a fundamental limitation of the Chromecast version on the Core? Because it would seem that with the exclusion of stored music, there isn’t actually a way to get the maximum resolution that the Core is capable of. Since the High-Res Deezer files are only 16/44 this seems to be a de-facto cap.

Curly
      GOLD Member

I acknowledge that this response will be only marginally helpful.

But… AirPlay cannot stream high-rez files. It maxes out at Redbook 16/44. Given that this is the case, I’m not surprised you cannot stream via Chromecast (from your phone?) to your BS Core at high-rez.

I suspect one of the many reasons BS Core was updated to Beoconnect Core was for native support of high-rez formats. In my experience, BS Core was essentially a 16/44-only device.

MartinBerk
        BRONZE Member

I don’t own a Core, but I do know that Tidal has its own limitations via Google Cast. So that might be your issue 🙂 Please see below.

I quote:

”Google Cast

Now all HiFi Plus subscribers can stream in HiRes FLAC on your Chromecast-supported devices via Google Cast within the TIDAL App. Please note, any file that is greater than 24-bit/48kHz will be streamed as 16-bit/44.1kHz if connected through Chromecast.

Thank you for being loyal TIDAL subscribers. We look forward to hearing your feedback!”

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/TIdaL/comments/16zpkbh/introducing_bit_depth_sample_rate_to_eap_and/

BeoMatthew
          BRONZE Member

That’s basically what I was looking for. Just trying to figure out where the throttling was occurring and making sure that it’s just a limitation (even if it’s arbitrary) so I can stop trying to figure out a workaround! Thank you!

That being said, it does suck that there’s basically no way to actually play music at the bit depth & sample rate that the Core is capable of.

MartinBerk
            BRONZE Member

The new Beoconnect Core has Tidal Connect integrated, 24/96 is supported via that route… For what it’s worth 🙂

BeoMatthew
              BRONZE Member

I’ve sent he support for Tidal on the new Core, but for this room I’d more likely move toward a different streamer altogether unless B&O suddenly partnered with Roon. This is a dedicated listening room and I don’t need it to connect to the rest of my multi-room setup.

Millemissen
                BRONZE Member
                  • Flensborg————Danmark

I think it would be interesting to know which speakers you are going to connect to the BC Core (alternatively to your preferred streamer)?

Apart from what your own hearing ability allows for, there is no need to talk about higher resolutions than 16/44, if the speakers will not support it.

MM

Carolpa
                  BRONZE Member

Thank you! That being said, it does suck that there’s basically no way to actually play music at the bit depth & sample rate that the Core is capable of.

the easiest way is to add your Tidal subscription to the B&o app.

alternative:  add your Tidal supscrition to Audirvana Studio and upnp stream directly to the Core.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Carolpa.
                    • This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Carolpa.
                    BeoMatthew
                    BRONZE Member

I’ve auditioned a few players for my BeoLab 9s with a JL sub – the difference in resolution is very clear, thus worth pursuing.

BeoMatthew
                      BRONZE Member

Thank you! That being said, it does suck that there’s basically no way to actually play music at the bit depth & sample rate that the Core is capable of.

the easiest way is to add your Tidal subscription to the B&o app. alternative: add your Tidal supscrition to Audirvana Studio and upnp stream directly to the Core.

How? Even Roon has to use an existing protocol like AirPlay2 or Googlecast/Chromecast which are both throttled at 16/44 – I don’t see any info that Audirvana has a unique pathway into the Core. Also, the Core doesn’t support Tidal – that’s only Mozart products.

Carolpa
                        BRONZE Member

Schermafbeelding 2024-09-19 135529

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.