Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Beolab 6002 line volume very loud

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vanlaren
    BRONZE Member

I have the Beolab 6002 and switched from the Playmaker to the Arylic Upstream HD DAC to get Airplay 2. Sounds perfect! Connected it directly with DIN – RCA cables and switched the Beolabs to Line mode.

My only issue is that the volume is very loud. When I’m streaming music in the Apple Music app, when volume is at 10% it’s already very loud.

I adjusted the EQ on the Arylic to -12db, but is there another way to adjust the volume more gradually using my setup?IMG_3498-scaled

IMG_3499

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg————Danmark

Seems that the Auralic sends the sound out as a line signal.

Is there no remote control for volume – can the Auralic be set to variable output (instead of fixed)?

The Playmaker had a volume control built-in via the Beo4 or the wheel on the top…..it works as a preamp.

The BL6002 can not be directly volume controlled.

If you still have the Playmaker, one solution would be to connect the output of Auralic to the line-in of the Playmaker – this has line-in sense and turns on when a signal arrives there.

Then connect the BL6002 via PL to the Playmaker as before.
        Hereafter you can use the Beo4 for volume control.

MM

Ravsted
        BRONZE Member

Hi,

Chromecast Audio is also pretty loud at even low volumes (10-30%).

To get better volume control where the whole scale on a mobile device can be used I’ve put a in-line volume control between my CDA devices and the BeoLab speakers.

It allow me to set a ‘max’ volume for every BeoLab speaker set.

My ears cannot hear any reduced audio quality by doing so …

Like this one:

https://www.av-cables.dk/minijack-adapter-kabel/minijack-headset-forlaengerkabel-25-cm.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwz8emBhDrARIsANNJjS60P5xypEV44OQathbSRHIA-COITG7PAS2FDeVH96dXc1c4umdVproaAgG3EALw_wcB

KolfMAKER
          SILVER Member
            • The Netherlands

@vanlaren

Hi, with Arylic products you can use their ‘APC Workbench’ software to control the output (incl. signal strength) of the Arylic device.

Here’s the info link.

Be aware that this software runs on Windows only.

vanlaren
            BRONZE Member

@vanlaren Hi, with Arylic products you can use their ‘APC Workbench’ software to control the output (incl. signal strength) of the Arylic device. Here’s the info link. Be aware that this software runs on Windows only.

This would be ideal, but unfortunately APC Workbench is not compatible with the Upstream HD DAC.

For now, I’m keeping the EQ at -12 db. Fortunately, this setting is not forgotten after a reboot.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.