Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision Beovision 7-32 upgraded to Full HD

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Ravsted
    BRONZE Member

Hi,

i have upgraded a Beovision 5  to Full HD LED earlier. That TV is still going strong and we really enjoy watching TV on this iconic design.

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/41909.aspx?PageIndex=1

The panel in our old MK1 Beovision 7-32 had really started to degrade so I thought… why not upgrade this beautiful TV set with a new(er) Full HD LED TV ?

It is now done.

I had a Lintronic HW 5.1 laying around so I only needed a proper TV with volume controlled headphone socket (for the BL 7.1).

I got a JVC LT-32e54b for 30€ (!).

You can see the process… and result below.

BEOVISION 7-32 – THE INSIDE:

Beovision7-32_01

BEOVISION 7-32 – REMOVING OLD ELECTRONICS

If none of the cabinet structural parts are removed/modified there is room for a TV with a depth of maximum 50-52 mm.

Beovision7-32_02

BEOVISISION 7-32 – JVC FHD TV fits perfectly

Beovision7-32_03

Controlled via Lintronic HW 5.1 (hidden inside the cabinet)

Beovision7-32_04

A bit of housekeeping and cable management is remaining …

The 7-32 can now stay in service for many years to come …

matteventu
      BRONZE Member

Amazing upgrade!

What is the original TV/panel that was present inside the “chassis”?

Ravsted
        BRONZE Member

As I remember B&O used Samsung panels in their BV7 lineup. In this case a HD panel from 2004/2005.

Guy
            • Warwickshire, UK

Thanks for sharing – a great modification.  Any plans to make the stand work, or does it already?

Madskp
            GOLD Member
              • Denmark

Any plans to make the stand work, or does it already?

This solution https://neomesteren.dk/en/saadan-installeres-bm-7-adapteren should be able to do that, although limited to certain tv manufactures.

Ravsted
              BRONZE Member

In this upgrade I sacrificed the DVD player (never used), the curtains (wasn’t available for DVI input anyhow), and the stand. I can’t build a controller myself and I don’t want to spend the money for the product mentioned in the link above.

I am really happy with the result, low budget upgrade, hassle free HDMI connectivity and still keeping the Bang & Olufsen look/feel with Beo4 operation.

In another room I’ve got a BV40 stand and BL7-2 with a Sony Bravia 55″ on top operated via Beo4/Lintronic.

But honestly I’m considering doing the same modification of the Beovision 7-40 monitor (still here) as I feel you really loose some of the ‘class’ by just putting a plastic TV on top of the stand….

Tignum
                GOLD Member
                  • Netherlands

But honestly I’m considering doing the same modification of the Beovision 7-40 monitor (still here) as I feel you really loose some of the ‘class’ by just putting a plastic TV on top of the stand….

Very nice Ravsted! I agree with the above. However, how nice would it be to replace just the glass panel with a thin edge (oled) screen. You will win serious on inches too. Wishful thinking probably, as sizes would need to match very precisely.

Maybe one day there will be stick on & cut to size screens :-).

kirin
                  BRONZE Member

This is a really great job, also the BeoV5, which you posted already 2 years ago. I like these ideas and posts about them here in this forum!

dinyavin
                    BRONZE Member

Hi Ravsted, great job!

May you share some more pictures how did you remove the Glass and Panel ?

Is it possible to leave all audio part in working condition with a new screen? A bit more detailed process expalantion as you’ve done for your previous(brilliant!) project.

I own Beovision 7-55, and it might be a great potential upgrade for OLED=)

matador
                        • Paris France

It is now done.

I’ve Ravsted, great work.
                        What happen when you put on a standard TV the contrast glass from the BV.
                        Does it change something? In good or comes with some trade-off?

Thanks.

Ravsted
                        BRONZE Member

Hi,

For the 7-32 you remove the back plastic cover. It gives access to the screws securing the glass panel. Now the glass can be liftet off.

Removing the LCD panel is no rocket science. Just a few screws holding it in place.

Find the service manual for the 7-55 to see how it works for that TV.

That said, I only did this change because the panel was worn out, and the MK1 technology doesn’t have multiple HDMI sockets. It was simply end of life.

I had two options. Finding a second hand (and quite rare) 7-32 with HDMI…. Or doing the upgrade as described above.

I would not consider such a change if I had a 7-55 in working order….

Ravsted
                          BRONZE Member

@Matador. Good question…

I expected that I had to make significant changes to the picture settings due to the contrast screen. But actually that was not the case.

I use a standard/neutral setting – and black is black.

EDIT: On the last picture I posted above I had changed backlight to +30%. But it turned out it wasn’t needed at all. So now – with neutral settings – black is black.

Ravsted
                            BRONZE Member

Thank you @Pepps

Unfortunately the Lintronic company is closed.

Read more here…

https://www.lintronic.online/

I got several Lintronic 5.1 and 6.1 in my home. I got the latest configuration software before Michael closed his company. And even after closing his company he has been kind to provide a bit of support.

If you get a second hand Lintronic check with Michael if he will allow you to buy a licenced version of the ‘configurator’ …. It’s a great product. I also use it in my ‘main room’… Read more here

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/45510/345141.aspx#345141

pepps
                              GOLD Member
                                • Kent, UK

@ravsted This is glorious! Thank you so much for sharing – I’m inspired to do something similar with my old BV6. The Lintronic world is a whole new thing but sounds like something which could help in my main room also. Thanks for sharing this!
                                Julian

folkdeejay
                                BRONZE Member

Fascinating – what a great conversion.   Always like the BV7 design, and that is a great way to extend the life of the stand/speakers.

If anyone (Northern UK) wants a FOC Beovision 5 to do a similar refurb project, let me know.BV5 1BV5 2

It is fully working, non HDMI versoin and is now surplus to requirements.   Have tried to give it away here and elsewhere, with no luck.

It works perfectly well via a scart – hdmi adaptor, if anyone just wants a gfreat sounding design classic – maybe for a games room or smiliar.

I’m so reluctant to scrap it, but it is now on very borrowed time.

Collection only, but will happily include the HDMI adaptor and a working Beo4.

Arthur Vink
                                  BRONZE Member

Hi,

I have the same version, including motorized floorstand in the basement, looking to do something similar. Does this also remove the compatibility with beo4 and the motorized floorstand?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.