Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Beosound 9000 with 3x BeoLink Passive zone issues?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    luck6k
    BRONZE Member

main unit Beosound 9000

main zone 1x Beolink passive via powerlink

2 rooms

2x BeoLink Passive with BeoLink IR receiver via Masterlink

main room works fine.

issue I have is If both Beolink passive are plugged in with masterlink then one of them is not responding to beolink ir receiver (eye)

if i unplug one of them other one does works fine.

that got me into thinking reprogramming eye with beo4 remote with no luck atm

as i said if all is plugged in then one is working 100% and other remote lights coming on but not responding – play button stays RED after pressing it.

any ideas?

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK

Hi and welcome to Beoworld!

Have you tried swapping the IR sensors between the two passives, to see if the fault follows?

I would suspect cabling of one of the IR eye’s to be either incorrect or disconnected, either inside the sensor itself, or inside the DIN connector.

luck6k
        BRONZE Member

Hey Guy

yes tried that if I plug IR sensors alone they work in both amps but if they both connected then one doesn’t work.

one guy that does work with B&O suggested program eye via boe4 tried that with no luck so far. its like its not switching to input or source. https://share.icloud.com/photos/0beSPkFx2lgbK2WGc-l0QIf3w

Guy
            • Warwickshire, UK

Maybe try checking the ML connections:

• Power down the complete system (unplug from mains, including main room BS9000 and Passive).
            • Unplug all the ML connections.
            • Make sure all the ML plugs are clean and undamaged and that there is no dust or fluff inside the sockets.
            • Reconnect the ML cables
            • Power the system up again.
            • Re-do the option settings (put the main room in A.OPT 1, and each link room in L.OPT 6).  If you need instructions for this, let me know.

Then try control again.

Guy
              • Warwickshire, UK

A further thought:  In the main room is the ML cable connected directly to the BS9000?

(I only ask this because you have a Passive in the Main Room, but I assume that this is just acting as an amplifier and should only be connected to the BS9000 by a Powerlink cable)

luck6k
              BRONZE Member

correct passive in main room connected from bs9000 by powerlink acts as amp…

ML is direct from bs9000 to both or passives in other room. when only one is plugged in that room works when i plug 2nd one only one works. if i only plug 2nd one 2nd one works with no issue. I think its going to be something to do with L.OPT… I’ll try tmr nights

QuentinLJ
                BRONZE Member
                  • Périgord Noir

Hi in my personal use I try to use the Beolink passive with the powerlink but its no work, do you know if I need to program the Beolink passive with Beo 4?

Guy
                    • Warwickshire, UK

Hi in my personal use I try to use the Beolink passive with the powerlink but its no work, do you know if I need to program the Beolink passive with Beo 4?

This should work fine without any programming of the Passive. Make sure that nothing is connected to the ML socket or IR socket of the Passive, and you should also use a fully wired MK2 PL cable.

EDIT:  I just saw that both Steve and Matador had commented in the other thread – at least we are consistent with our advice!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.