Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Beolab 3500 MK1 MCL MENU 0 4 GO HELP

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jg1976
    BRONZE Member

Hi, I need help.

Trying to activate my BEOLAB 3500 MK1 and the MCL socket listen via 3,5mm cable.

I can not get it to respond on MENY 0 4 GO, or MENY MENY 0 4 GO on Beo4.

What is wrong or what am I doing wrong?

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK

Perhaps the BL3500 is in L.OPT 0 where it doesn’t respond to IR codes.

To put it in L.OPT 2:

• If using Be0link 1000 remote, press LINK 2 STORE.
        • If using Beo4, press the POWER (red) button and LIST together.  Then press LIST until OPTION is shown, press GO (centre button), and then press LIST to show L.OPT.  Then press 2.

Now try MENU MENU 04 GO again.

KolfMAKER
        SILVER Member
          • The Netherlands

Hi Jg1976.

You mention you can’t activate your BeoLab 3500 MK1 to listen to the MCL socket.

What does your display show after pressing ‘Menu > Menu > 0 > 4 > Go’ ? (This sequence should switch the BeoLab 3500 to the MCL input)

You could also check your BeoLab 3500 in ‘Test mode’. To do this press ‘Menu > 0 > 2 > Go’
          And then check what you see in the display:

• ML OK = Master Link Connection is OK
          • NO ML = Master Link is not connected
          • Error 1 = Address configuration not possible
          • Error 2 = Master Link data pulled low
          • Error 3 = Master Link data pulled high
          • Error 4 = Data collision on Master Link

If you see ‘ML OK’, the BeoLab functions properly, and your cable will probably be wrong. Connections and pins used might be the problem.
          If you are handy yourself, you can make such cable yourself. Lots of info on this forum.
          You can also ask @Steve of SoundsHeavenly to help you with the right cable.

Jg1976
          BRONZE Member

Thank you for all help!

The Beosound 3500 is still stone dead. Nothing happen.. It is now in L-opt 2 (thank you Guy) I have also tried all other L.opt.

KolfMAKER, nothing happens when I press MENU 0 4 GO. Nothing happens when I press MENU 0 2 GO..

Maybe it is broken?

Jg1976
            BRONZE Member

Ok, so I connected it to my normal Masterlink. It works. But only when press ON on the Beosound 3500 panel and not via BEO4 so it seems to be a remote control issue..

It won’t respond to any command so it definately look to be an L-opt 0-issue..

I can not either change L-option due to the remote does not respond..

Are there any way to reset the unit without the remote?

KolfMAKER
              SILVER Member
                • The Netherlands

Concerning your remote, so it is a BEO4?

Does the display of the BEO4 show responses when you press buttons?
                Maybe stupid, but did you check the batteries?

Jg1976
                BRONZE Member

Yes, I have 9 of them or more so I tried several that also work in other rooms. So it looks to be an IR-issue on the Beosound 3500.. How to solve I do not know..

Jg1976
                  BRONZE Member

I find this article online:

“Beolab 3500 nightmare!!

Recently purchased a beolab 3500 with the intention to use it as a stand alone sepaker.It responds fine to the mute and timer buttons however doesn’t seem to respond to a controller I know is working.Have tried putting it into option 6 with no luck.somone please help!

Answer: It seems like this is a common issue my 3500 died this way too. Tried every reset command but the only way to fix this error is to change the entire IR board. But I didn‘t find any boards online and I think repair from B&O would be very expensive. I ended up buying a used 3500 for 100€ and be hold the old one for spare parts”

KolfMAKER
                    SILVER Member
                      • The Netherlands

Very unfortunate to hear that, it is such a beautiful product.

I just ha d a look in the service manual, and noticed that the power transformers are near the PCB’s that are in the middle. Of course that are cooling elements. But I can imagine that high temperatures in such small casing, after years of use, do have impact in the electronics.

What I am saying, is that the soldering of the IR-PCB might suffer from loose connections or cracks in the soldering. If you have nothing to loose, you could try to check that, and do some reflowing of the soldering with an soldering iron, or the ‘oven trick’.

Jg1976
                      BRONZE Member

Thank you KolfMAKER..

Maybe I will give that a try once I have the time..

Appreciate all the help..

Keith Saunders
                        FOUNDER Member
                          • Hampshire, England

I think the question I would ask is it really a Mark 1 Beolab 3500 or is it a LCS9000 which looks exactly the same, but the early versions had modified software?

Check the B&O label in the back..

Jg1976
                          BRONZE Member

Thank you Keith.

It is definately a 3500 mk1.. So the label says.

AndyG77
                            BRONZE Member

Hello,

I’m very new to owning B&O and just bought few products after been very impressed by the B&O sound in my BMW F16. My Beosound 6000 works flawlessly, but I have problem with 3500.

Just wondering if there was any luck with the above? do you finally made it work?

I have exactly same problem- have BEO4  and Beolab3500 MK1, with cable fromSteve, but I cannot turn it on

I press LIST and select SPEAKER on the remote and then trying to do the MENU 04GO

shall I connect/pair the remote to the speaker somehow?

Anything I press on rem one immediately throw me to the “TV” on the display.

Any help would be welcome.

RaMaBo
                              GOLD Member
                                • Near Munich

Hi,

try any of the audio sources on the BEO4 and then in front of the Beolab 3500 press

<0> <4> <GO> in sequence.

The <SPEAKER> function is used to select the number of speakers for example of using 5 speakers and a Subwoofer in a 5.1 Dolby setup or just the left, center and right speakers for TV. It has nothing to do with the Beolab 3500.

AndyG77
                                BRONZE Member

Unfortunately it does not react on any buttons.

How to check if it actually sees remote?

AndyG77
                                  BRONZE Member

I seen somewhere on the forum that beolink converter 1611 might be a solution?

can you please educate me a bit what is this converter for and how does it works. Also would it help in my situation?

Madskp
                                    GOLD Member
                                      • Denmark

Unfortunately it does not react on any buttons. How to check if it actually sees remote?

It could be that it is in option 0 (not reacting to IR commands) or option 4 (only reacting to link commands).

Try to set it to option 2 as described in Guys post earlier in this thread https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/topic/beolab-3500-mk1-mcl-menu-0-4-go-help/#post-8004

Madskp
                                      GOLD Member
                                        • Denmark

I seen somewhere on the forum that beolink converter 1611 might be a solution? can you please educate me a bit what is this converter for and how does it works. Also would it help in my situation?

I would reccomend that you take a look at this post https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/topic/beolab-3500-and-1611-converter-settings/page/4/#post-14017

The 1611 converter can be used to make 2 inputs controlled by either audio or video commands.
                                        In my opinion its a much better solution than the Menu, 0, 4, GO because its easier to activate and you can use the volume control from the BEO4 remote which is not possible in the other way

matador
                                          • Paris France

Unfortunately it does not react on any buttons.

It seems to be a common IR board issue. The Beolab do not “see” the IR beam.
                                          I think I’ve read somewhere that the solution it’s the usual two caps replacement, easy, but the problem is accessing the board that implies a deep dismantling IIRC.

I seen somewhere on the forum that beolink converter 1611 might be a solution?

It will not be a solution to your IR problem but it will make the use of your BL3500 more convenient (once you solved the IR problem). The topic is well documented somewhere in the forum. Do a search with 1611.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.